Clinical Trial Specialist (Contract)
- Day One Biopharmaceuticals
- Remote - Work From Home anywhere in US
- Start date
- Mar 10, 2023
- Clinical, Clinical Medicine, Clinical Research
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
CLINICAL TRIAL SPECIALIST (CONTRACT)
Day One Biopharmaceuticals is an emerging, mission-driven, drug development company intentionally designed to identify, clinical evaluate, and successfully commercialize novel treatments for pediatric oncology patients, and ultimately to expand those benefits to patients of all ages. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.dayonebio.com.
The Clinical Trial Specialist provides support to the Clinical Trial Manager and other clinical staff in the day-to-day operational execution of up to 4 clinical trials. Assists in the coordination of documentation associated with the conduct of clinical trials, and occasionally assists with department projects.
This position has the potential to be fully remote. Occasional travel will be required for in person meetings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provides support to clinical operations trial activities including, but not limited to, maintenance of documentation, information retrieval and tracking
· Collects, disseminates, maintains and/or tracks regulatory documents as required
· Collects, logs and files documents received from the clinical sites, CROs, vendors, etc.
· Assists in coordination of study logistics: clinical supplies, drug shipments, laboratory kits, biological samples
· Creates and maintains patient enrollment and patient visit trackers/logs
· Requests confidentiality agreements, study agreements, and clinical site budgets; tracks same documents to their final approval.
· Performs data entry and/or verification into designated clinical tracking systems, including collection of information from designated clinical team members, CROs, vendors, etc.
· May manage ancillary/supportive vendor(s) with the oversight of a Clinical Trial Manager
· May travel with senior level clinical staff on co-monitoring visits to observe and assist at site selection, site initiation, site monitoring, and closeout visits
· Prepares study binders, spreadsheets, site visit packets
· Ensures all documentation are in a state of audit-readiness
· Coordinates the shipment of study-related supplies to the clinical sites
· Prepares and disseminates meeting agendas and minutes
· Assists with planning, preparation, and participation in Investigators’ meetings
· Performs additional administrative support duties, as assigned
· Performs all responsibilities in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures, established guidelines and work instructions, and appropriate industry, FDA, ICH guidelines and Good Clinical Practices
· Minimum AA degree in related discipline; or Certification in assigned area
· BS/BA degree in related discipline and one year of related experience
· Familiarity with medical terminology and/or GCP guidelines strongly preferred
· Applies technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques
· Strong organizational and analytical skills are required
· Demonstrated success in problem solving
· Experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization
· Good communication skills both oral and written are a must
· Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required, and applications as needed for the position
· Develops solutions to routine problems of limited scope
· Detail oriented
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Self-motivation, eagerness to grow professionally and commitment to self-development
· Occasional travel may be required
· Works on assigned problems of moderate scope with analysis of situation or data required
· Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
· Builds productive internal and external working relationships
· Uses professional concepts and company’s policies and procedures to solve a variety of routine problems
Hourly range for this position is $40 - $50/hour. Day One Bio considers a range of factors when determining compensation. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary.
Day One is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Day One Biopharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to Day One Biopharmaceuticals or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Day One Biopharmaceutical’s internal HR team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of Day One Biopharmaceuticals, and Day One Biopharmaceuticals will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.
Day One Biopharmaceuticals understands that advances in cancer research now enable drug developers to identify children and adults who may benefit from the same medicine. We are a unique company created to find and develop new therapies that meet the critical needs of people of all ages living with cancer – starting from the biology of childhood cancer. Our distinctive approach, together with our trusted network of pediatric oncology investigators, gives us an unparalleled ability to advance promising discoveries for patients of any age. We are ready to pursue the full potential of our therapies to improve the greatest number of lives as quickly as possible.
2000 Sierra Point Parkway
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert