Research Associate - Peptide Production
- AltPep Corporation
- Seattle, WA
- Start date
- Mar 10, 2023
- Manufacturing & Production, Regulatory, Science/R&D, Research
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
AltPep Corporation is a biomedical startup based along Seattle’s Lake Union focused on developing early disease-modifying treatments and detection tools for amyloid diseases by targeting one of the earliest molecular triggers – toxic soluble oligomers. These toxic oligomers are associated with many diseases, including neurodegenerative diseases and type 2 diabetes.
AltPep draws its origins to Dr. Valerie Daggett’s lab at the University of Washington’s Bioengineering Department. The company closed a significant round of financing in late 2020 and is currently seeking to expand at its headquarters located on the North end of Lake Union in Seattle.
We are looking for a talented individual to join us as a Research Associate with Peptide Production Team.
Who you are:
- You know your way around a lab. You conduct research in a responsible manner with attention to detail, take pride in your work, and memorialize it in meticulous lab books and records. You’ve demonstrated these skills through academic and/or work experiences (previous biotech experience a plus).
- You can handle a fastpaced and dynamic work environment
- You are meticulous in record keeping
- You likely have completed your undergraduate degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, biochemistry, bioengineering, or a related field.
- While you appreciate being part of a team, you also value opportunities to work on your own.
- You understand the value of structure, but you are also flexible.
- You possess knowledge and experience in a variety of subject matters, ideally including:
- Hands-on experience with manual and automated systems for solid-phase peptide synthesis
- Hands-on experience in HPLC purification of peptide and their instrumental analysis by HPLC, UHPC, and LC-MS
- Chemical synthesis
- Peptide modifications
- Peptide Purification
- Ability to provide quantitative analysis of results in reference to calibrations/standards, and able to accept/reject based on quality control criteria
- Rigorous quality of experimental details outlined in SOPs
- Experience with productivity and scientific software including ChemDraw, Scifinder, etc.
- You have the ability to troubleshoot instrumentation
- You have the ability to organize and prioritize workflow to complete multiple tasks
- Conduct laboratory work with precision and cleanliness
Knowledge and understanding of Quality Management Systems is a plus
Compensation: Starting at $60,000, subject to experience
AltPep Corporation is a dynamic biomedical startup in Seattle that offers a competitive compensation package, including equity incentives, as well as a benefits program designed to support the well-being of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group life insurance, and 401(k). To learn more about us please visit www.altpep.com. AltPep is an equal opportunity employer with the desire for diversity of all types. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
AltPep, a startup located in Seattle Washington, is developing early disease-modifying treatments and detection tools for amyloid diseases by targeting one of the earliest molecular triggers – toxic soluble oligomers. These oligomers are associated with many diseases, including neurodegenerative diseases and type 2 diabetes. Decades of scientific research by the Daggett Research Group culminated in the discovery of a novel protein structure, alpha-sheet, the foundation of our innovative approach.
Our lead program aims to identify Alzheimer’s Disease long before symptoms occur and then neutralize the toxic soluble oligomers associated with the disease.
- +1 (425) 658-0277
100 NE Northlake Way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert