Senior Manager/Associate Director, Trade Operations, Analytics, and Reporting
- Coherus BioSciences
- Redwood City, California
- Start date
- Mar 10, 2023
- Manufacturing & Production, Operations
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay
The Sr. Manager/Associate Director of Trade Operations, Analytics and Reporting is responsible for supporting all trade operation activities, analytics, and reporting. The individual will provide technical expertise to manage customer order flow, perform inventory analytics, provide customer service support to key trading partners and support financial accounts receivable processes. The successful candidate will display an ability to work with multiple vendor partners and assess data to inform organization of trade-related activities and provide actionable updates to senior management. The person will collaborate with the Sr. Director of Trade Operations, Distribution and Channel Strategy on industry communication, customer interaction, and forecasting, and will collaborate with internal teams to provide the support needed for commercial operations. This function is critical to effective operations of the Trade group and the achievement of sales and margin targets.
Relationships: The Sr. Manager/Associate Director of Trade Operations, Analytics and Reporting reports to the Sr. Director of Trade Operations, Distribution and Channel Strategy. The position works closely with pricing, commercial analytics, finance, legal, supply chain, market access, quality, sales, account teams and marketing. The position will provide the Sr. Director of Trade Operations, Distribution and Channel Strategy with account-level analytics and insights, operation support, and representation of the Trade Department with cross-functional business partners.
Primary responsibilities include 3PL management, return management, PAP stocking, wholesaler ordering, inventory management, distributor communication and channel analysis and reporting.
- Coordinate product shipment logistics including PAP, inventory levels, and other related outbound activity issues relating to distribution; act as the point person with buyers and customer service; drive effective operations with wholesaler stocking, identifying areas of opportunities and efficiencies; provide smooth logistics, positive customer experiences and effective issue resolution.
- Directs 3PL and other partners to ensure products are warehoused within quality, regulatory and supply chain standards and customer and distribution services are executed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Manage ordering patterns and shipping changes due to holidays, end of quarter and end of year; monitor policy updates; optimize allocation of inventory to appropriate inventory levels across the wholesale channel.
- Manage the return process, review RAs, minimize over crediting and track return credits.
- Forecast and manage wholesaler/distributor inventory levels to meet product demand while minimizing returns and meeting company goals.
- Reduce the risk of product disruptions by working closely with Sales and Account teams and account buyers to ensure adequate supply at forward DC's and distributors in order to avoid distribution operational issues.
- Institute and measure key performance indicators to improve process efficiencies, costs, and performance; work cross-functionally to optimize processes and develop and execute continuous improvement initiatives against established budget and performance goals.
- Develop and lead performance monitoring, business rules and contracting activities for 3PL and Distribution services from Order to Cash.
- Establish key metrics for the 3PL and hold them accountable through regular business review meetings.
- Drive and manage cross functional alignment of demand and supply planning, processes, requirements, and assumptions, for forecasting alignment and management of inventory targets.
- Work closely with Pricing and Contracting and Finance to manage price increases, including wholesaler notifications and ensure that subsequent purchase orders are appropriate.
- In collaboration with Marketing and Pricing and Contracting, develop and implement trade marketing programs including development of Trade deal sheets and other launch and promotional material.
- Leverage wholesaler and retail pharmacy manufacturer services and marketing programs to increase reach and frequency with hospital, pharmacy, and health care professionals.
Analytics and Reporting
- Develop financial models, analytical tools, and business presentations as needed to support Trade related projects.
- Effectively execute the monitoring of trade account level data and provide internal teams with insight to shape overall business strategies.
- Build and leverage data and IT solutions to be able to track entire supply chain to ensure timely and accurate collection and dissemination of distribution and dispensing data to Finance, Market Access, Sales and Commercial Analytics.
- Ensure data feed from trade customers allow for real time analysis of ex-factory and ex-distributor sales
- Monitor trends and provide timely demand vs. supply analysis for areas of concern with customer and/or product inquiries. Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, analyze market trends, monitor competitive intelligence, customer trends and recent business activities in an effort to maximize sales and profitability.
- 7 - 10 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry including 3-5+ years in U.S. Trade distribution experience.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis of complex strategic initiatives.
- Knowledge of the business models, influence/impact, and decision drivers of U.S. commercial and government payers and PBM’s as well as channel customers (i.e. pharmacy and distribution, etc.).
- Experience leading a cross-functional team of colleagues without a direct reporting relationship.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex business challenges and data-driven recommendations to senior leaders.
- Experience reviewing marketing materials with medical, legal, and regulatory review committees.
- Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in and/or working across brand marketing, sales and sales management in the pharmaceutical, biotech industry.
- Extensive knowledge and experience across pharmaceutical product life cycle.
- Proven results in US Trade and product launches.
- Proven ability of successfully managing complexity, solving problems, and building strong relationships.
- Proven track record in U.S. distribution for retail and specialty products.
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams, strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be willing to travel - 10%-30%
The Base Salary Range for this position is $130,000 to $180,000. Coherus considers various factors, including professional background and work experience, when determining base pay. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary.
Beginning July 19, 2021, Coherus BioSciences requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Coherus BioSciences, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at a Coherus BioSciences facility or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.
Coherus is focused on expanding patient access to important, cost-effective medicines and delivering significant savings to the U.S. healthcare system. Every member of the Coherus team is dedicated, motivated, and passionate about expanding patient access to lifesaving therapeutics. Our colleagues are experts in analytical and process sciences, deeply experienced in clinical development and regulatory affairs, and have proven commercial and marketing capabilities. Everyone at Coherus is committed to meeting the highest standards, inspiring our teammates, and achieving our goals.
Coherus was founded a decade ago to provide the highest quality biosimilar treatments to patients. We are proud to now be expanding our legacy—to build on our success with biosimilars and to focus our core strengths on immuno-oncology.
At Coherus, our employees are our most important asset. We have a dynamic and rewarding organizational culture that offers the opportunity to work with leading industry professionals who are dedicated to making a difference for patients. We are looking for individuals who see unlimited potential in themselves and are motivated by a continuous passion for breaking down barriers and expanding access to lifesaving therapeutics.
Coherus offers a competitive total rewards program comprised of various elements, including competitive base pay, short- and long-term incentives in the form of performance-based cash and equity, as well as health and wellness benefits that include
• Healthcare: Coherus pays 90% of premiums for medical, dental, and vision coverage for our
employees, their eligible spouses, dependents, and domestic partners.
• Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
• Group Life, Disability, and Group Accident Insurance
• 401(k) with company match, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Health & Wellness programs, including a Health Club Reimbursement and an Employee Assistance Program
Health & Wellness programs, including a Health Club Reimbursement and an Employee Assistance Program
In addition to providing attractive rewards packages, we encourage and support our employees to find the right balance of work and personal time. Coherus offers a variety of activities, perks, and holidays that encourage employees to have a healthy outlook, spend time outside of work with friends and family, and foster a productive and collaborative work environment. Our culture is one in which we challenge and support all our team members to do their best work.
For more information about Coherus, please check out: https://www.coherus.com/about-coherus/
333 Twin Dolphin Dr, #600
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert