Director, Corporate Counsel - Research Contracts
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Tarrytown, New York
- Start date
- Mar 10, 2023
- Regulatory, Legal/Compliance, Science/R&D, Research
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Pharm Country, Best Places to Work
As a member of the Contracts Group in the Regeneron Law Department’s Transactions Law Group, this Attorney will draft, review, and negotiate a wide array of contracts for the Company's preclinical research and development activities, and will provide clients with related advice and counsel. This role will handle preclinical research collaboration agreements, material transfer agreements, sponsored research agreements, clinical experimental sciences agreements, laboratory services agreements, license agreements, data use agreements, equipment purchase agreements, consulting agreements and confidentiality agreements. The level of counseling requires a deep understanding of life sciences and general business transactions and related legal issues, as well as outstanding drafting and negotiation skills.
A typical day may include:
- Drafting, negotiating and bringing to execution agreements critical to the company’s pre-clinical research and clinical development operations.
- Providing legal support for a wide variety of business transactions, including preclinical research collaboration agreements, material transfer agreements, sponsored research agreements, clinical experimental sciences agreements, laboratory services agreements, license agreements, data use agreements, equipment purchase agreements, consulting agreements and confidentiality agreements.
- Collaborating with other Law Department attorneys on specialized subject matters
- Helping manage the contracting process from contract request through execution or resolution.
- Advising internal clients on the company’s contracts policies and practices and support the continuous improvement of the department’s contract management system, including the development of new or improved templates and tools in the system to enhance the efficiency of the contracting process.
- Working collaboratively with the Privacy Office, Compliance and Strategic Sourcing and Procurement.
- Advising clients regarding all aspects of contract law and related areas.
- Prioritizing and follow through on a high volume of client requests.
- Resolving client requests in a professional and timely manner.
- Understanding and comply with all relevant procedures and policies.
This role may be for you if you possess:
- Excellent contract drafting and negotiation skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including strong presentation capabilities
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with colleagues and clients at all levels of the organization.
- Attention to detail and appetite for learning
- Ability to maintain an independent and objective perspective while developing and maintaining a strong partnership with the client organizations.
- History of self-motivation and working independently on projects, while meeting aggressive deadlines and juggling multiple matters.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
To be considered for this role you must possess a BA/BS and JD with excellent law school credentials. Licensed to practice law in New York or be eligible for licensure as a registered in-house counsel is preferred. 5 to 10 years legal experience at a law firm and/or in-house, including experience or familiarity with biotechnology, pharmaceuticals and/or healthcare.Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)$182,800.00 - $304,600.00
Regeneron is a leading biotechnology company that invents life-transforming medicines for people with serious diseases. Founded and led for 30 years by physician-scientists, our unique ability to repeatedly and consistently translate science into medicine has led to seven FDA-approved treatments and numerous product candidates in development, all of which were homegrown in our laboratories. Our medicines and pipeline are designed to help patients with eye disease, allergic and inflammatory diseases, cancer, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, infectious diseases, pain and rare diseases.
Regeneron is accelerating and improving the traditional drug development process through our proprietary VelociSuite® technologies, such as VelocImmune® which produces optimized fully-human antibodies, and ambitious research initiatives such as the Regeneron Genetics Center, which is conducting one of the largest genetics sequencing efforts in the world.
Stock Symbol: REGN
Stock Exchange: NASDAQ
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
777 Old Saw Mill River Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert