Business HR Manager (Pipeline for future talent)
- Start date
- Mar 10, 2023
- Administration, Human Resources/Recruiting, Information Technology, Business/Data Analytics
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- BioMidwest, Best Places to Work
(Illinois, California, New Jersey and Massachusetts)
The Human Resource Manager will serve as the primary strategic partner to the business, developing HR strategies, needs assessments and resulting HR solutions. Ensure the effective “delivery” of all HR programs and services. Deliver HR results in the business, including client satisfaction, HR effectiveness and associated financial results. Establish, build and maintains strong relationships with key HR partners from all Practice Areas and Service Centers to ensure elements of HR are successfully coordinated to meet business needs; includes relationship management, leadership, HR roles/responsibilities, and service delivery commitments.
- Establishes, builds and maintains strong relationships with key BHR partners globally, particularly where client groups are based. Partner with cross functional BHR on talent needs for function and employees to ensure open communication, understanding and that business needs and concerns are addressed.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional policies and procedures.
- Develop proposals and recommendations to resolve strategically important issues affecting a major business segment.
- Prioritize critical projects based on business need and available resources.
- Manage and leverage human and financial resources within scope of delivered project services while supporting a major segment of the business.
- Facilitate, implement and model change. Ensure that day-to-day activities are moving forward.
- Champion AbbVie Ways of Working with leaders by modeling, educating and coaching on these behaviors.
- Ensure appropriate amount of resource planning is accounted for by the Practice and Service Centers to support the needs of the respective business segment.
- Responsible for managing business needs of multiple senior leadership teams. Know the Business.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4+ years of experience in Human Resources
- Project management or business experience.
- Significant breadth of understanding of functional HR roles and responsibilities and impact on the business.
- Master’s degree preferred, or equivalent.
- SPHR Certification preferred.
- Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting the business preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of organizational development activity preferred
Applicable to California Applicants Only
- The below range is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in California.
This range may be modified in the future.
- The salary range is (minimum: _$___ to maximum:_$____)
- This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive program
- This job is eligible to participate in our long-term incentive programs
- We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
- Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Stock Symbol: ABBV
Stock Exchange: NYSE
1 North Waukegan Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert