- BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc.
- San Rafael, California
- Start date
- Mar 10, 2023
- Information Technology, Business/Data Analytics, Database Administration, Regulatory, Legal/Compliance, General
- Required Education
- Associate Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay, Best Places to Work
It takes a village, and at BioMarin our corporate groups are the people behind our success. Groups such as IT, Finance, Legal, Global Compliance & Ethics, and our People Team provide foundational support of all areas of operation at BioMarin.
This role will support BioMarin's Legal Department and business partners by drafting, negotiating and tracking a high volume of contracts. Duties include:
- Researching prior contracting relationship with contracting parties.
- Drafting, primarily from templates, multiple contract types including Non-Disclosure Agreements, Master Service Agreements, Amendments, Scopes of Work, and Change Orders, using DocuSign CLM, BioMarin's contract lifecycle management system ("CLM").
- Utilizing playbooks to negotiate contracts.
- Monitoring and tracking a large volume of contracts from draft to final signatures using the CLM.
- Ensuring company-wide compliance with BioMarin’s contracting policy.
- Acting as a liaison between BioMarin, internal business partners, and outside vendors to facilitate contract execution.
- Building and maintaining relationships with business partners.
- Engaging with other functional areas within BioMarin to assess and respond to contracting needs, obligations, and revisions.
- Coordinating work flow between the Legal Department and other departments at BioMarin.
- Exercising sound judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action, including when to escalate matters to in-house counsel.
- Driving Legal Department initiatives, including assistance with templates and playbooks and training CLM users.
- Providing backup support to other Contracts Associates in the department.
- Working on other Legal Department projects or initiatives as determined by Manager.
- Ability to work onsite at least 2 days a week.
- Strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Strong computer skills in database management and document preparation (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Excellent organization and time-management skills required. Must be able to manage heavy workload and aggressive timelines in a timely manner, prioritize, and work under pressure.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with outside vendors/partners and serve as a liaison among outside counsel, in-house attorneys and business partners, and proactively communicate regarding relevant issues and deadlines.
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, a quick learner, and have a strong work ethic.
- Experience in contracts administration or other relevant experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience at a law firm or within an in-house legal department of a public company a plus.
- Experience within biotech/pharma/medical device industry or other contract-intensive fields a plus.
- Familiarity with DocuSign CLM or any other contract management system is a plus.
- Background with technology agreements (SaaS, Sales Orders) is a plus.
BA degree and 2-4 years of experience.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BioMarin is a global biotechnology company dedicated to transforming lives through genetic discovery. In 1997, the company was founded to make a big difference in small patient populations, focusing on giving much-needed attention to the underserved communities of those with rare diseases. BioMarin sought to help patients whose voices could not always be heard and treat conditions that were not always in mainstream medical conversations. Throughout its history, BioMarin has worked tirelessly to make a difference by pursuing bold science. The company’s first approved therapy was inspired by a father who refused to accept there was no therapy for his son’s rare diagnosis. That relentless pursuit to change the course of his son’s future through the power of science is at the core of who BioMarin is today.
Through the company’s expertise in genetics and molecular biology, BioMarin has developed eight first or best-in-class targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions it seeks to treat, helping to better the lives of those struggling with rare genetic disease. The company’s purposeful and scientifically precise team of physicians and scientists has honed each treatment modality to seek transformative therapies.
Now, BioMarin seeks to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled the last 25 plus years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Each drug candidate pursued is guided by a fundamental understanding of the genetics and underlying biology of the condition it will address. The company believes that applying its knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The more innovative solutions developed, the more lives BioMarin can impact.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert