Manager, Meeting Planning and Business Processes
- CSL Behring
- Summit, New Jersey
- Start date
- Mar 10, 2023
- Administration, Information Technology, Business/Data Analytics, General
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Pharm Country, Best Places to Work
Summary:This position will support the Americas Medical Affairs team in the planning, execution, and implementation of medical meetings and programs. This individual will report to the Executive Director, Americas Medical Affairs, and will work closely with Medical Affairs, Commercial Operations, and Legal/Regulatory. The position requires strong project management skills along with experience in planning national and local meetings and experience with Local/Regional/National Conventions and Conferences. The candidate must have a proven ability to manage external vendors and successfully implement multiple projects simultaneously.
Meeting Planning and Coordination
- Ability to provide strategic leadership and partnership with business owners to appropriately integrate meeting objectives into the meeting and event design.
- Manages and plans logistics for assigned meetings & events, including locations research, site recommendations, negotiating hotel contracts, communications to attendees, hotel guest room and meeting room arrangements, catering, audio visual, attendee registrations, ground transportation services, special events, entertainment, teambuilding activities, etc.
- Partner with medical affairs on convention/conference needs, vendor management, and ensuring medical materials are available at each event. Ensure all compliance related training is complete and records retained
- Consults and shares best practices for meetings and events with colleagues across the Americas regions.
- Partners with 3rd party vendors to source, plan and execute all programs meeting stakeholder expectations. Prepares meeting project plan and budget, managing deadlines and an efficient planning process for all key programs, and stakeholders. Provides input to and monitors the spending of meetings to insure the meeting is operating within established budget guidelines.
- Utilizes digital applications, including Event Management Tools, and SharePoint sites to support effective logistics planning and overall attendee experience.
- Acts as subject matter expert of virtual/hybrid/in-person meeting strategy, recommending platforms, defining measures of success, and recommending appropriate meetings to execute virtually/hybrid/in-person to meet business objectives and ensure business fiscal responsibility
- Acts as the primary resource for all project-related meeting agendas, minutes, and action items for internal team meetings. Ensures proper process followed for meetings run by expert function.
- Creates, designs and implements post-meeting analysis as appropriate. Provides post-meeting summary and future meeting recommendations, based on analysis, to appropriate leaders
- Works on-site at selected conventions and meetings. Ability to travel 25%.
- Facilitate development of detailed plans and develop integrated project plans (e.g., milestones, detailed activities)
- Document project plans, update project management reporting tools, and monitor that projects are on schedule and within budget
- Use appropriate communication tools, including but not limited to dashboard, risks and issues log and change control log, to ensure that project stakeholders are well informed of project status
- Monitor and report on project performance, including key activities/decisions required and interdependencies, and provide feedback, as necessary
- Create processes, guidelines, best practices for management, submission of new and revised master service agreements and task orders in the legal contracting system, coordination for the creation of POs and payment of incoming invoices
- Coordinate with MSL Team on Veeva CRM as it relates to requests for functionality as well as reporting and analytics
- Manage KOLM’s and Thecosystem KOL relationship tool contract, task orders and related projects
- Manage a portfolio of assigned projects that are related to process improvements. Identifies opportunities for projects that improve the meeting experience and allows CSL Seqirus to execute efficiently and more cost effectively
Medical Material Approval Process
- Serve as the centralized 'knowledge hub' of the medical material approval process, providing guidance to project owners on process. Partner with Compliance and Ethics to implement US specific procedures and partner with IT and vendor to ensure system optimization and availability.
Medical Affairs Planning Calendar
- Manage the medical affairs planning calendar in partnership with Business Operations Manager to ensure all key events of Americas Medical Affairs Organization are captured. This will allow the optimization of the ongoing business of the medical affairs organization and ensure no key element of the business is missed.
Budget Management and processes
- Work collaboratively with the business operations manager to track medical affairs program budget to ensure budget spend is managed and aligned to current budget estimate and forecasts.
- Support the execution of contracts, SOW/TOs and IR/GR process.
BA/BS Degree strongly preferred or equivalent experience
5+ years’ relevant meeting coordination and project management experience in the life science industry Experience diagnosing and resolving complex issues
Knowledge of relevant legal, compliance and regulatory requirements
Experience working and communicating directly with all levels of the organization. Ability to act as a senior advisor to executive/senior leadership.
Requires positive attitude, strong work ethic, ability to work within a team, attention to detail and excellent skills in planning, organization, and communication.
Different qualifications or responsibilities may apply based on local legal and/or educational requirements. Refer to local job documentation where applicable.
Seqirus is committed to attracting and retaining world-class employees who are valued for their contributions to achieving business objectives. Learn more about some of the benefits you can participate in when you join Seqirus.
Seqirus is part of CSL Limited (ASX: CSL). As one of the largest influenza vaccine providers in the world, Seqirus is a major contributor to the prevention of influenza globally and a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness. Learn more about Seqirus.
We want Seqirus to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Seqirus.
Do work that matters at Seqirus!
As the third largest global biotechnology company with employees in more than 35 countries, CSL Behring is focused on serving patients with serious and rare diseases, including coagulation disorders, primary immune deficiencies, hereditary angioedema, respiratory disease and neurological disorders. We collaborate with patient and biomedical communities to improve access to therapies, advance scientific knowledge and support future medical research.
CSL Behring's dynamic environment fosters innovation and attracts the best and brightest who share a commitment to helping save lives. People here are free to live their Promising FUTURES where they can fulfill their individual career aspirations and realize their potential.
CSL Behring is committed to diversity and inclusion, both of which underpin our Values of patient focus, innovation, collaboration, integrity and superior performance. We believe that by harnessing and honoring the unique capabilities, experiences and perspectives of our people, we are better able to serve our patients.
CSL Behring operates one of the world's largest plasma collection networks, CSL Plasma. The parent company, CSL Limited, headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, employs more than 27,000 people, and provides its life-saving medicines in more than 70 countries.
For more information visit www.cslbehring.com. Help us deliver on our promise to save lives and protect the health of people around the world. Promising FUTURES start at CSL Behring!
Stock Symbol: CSL
Stock Exchange: Australian Securities Exchange
1020 First Avenue
King of Prussia
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert