Scientist, Platform Development (CONTRACT)
- Entrada Therapeutics
- Boston, MA
- Start date
- Mar 10, 2023
- Information Technology, Database Administration, Science/R&D, Biotechnology
- Required Education
- Position Type
- Genetown, Best Places to Work
What’s happening at Entrada Therapeutics? Our mission is to transform the treatment of devastating diseases and improve patients’ quality of life using intracellular biologics. Leveraging our proprietary Endosomal Escape Vehicle (EEV)TM platform, we are creating and advancing a diverse pipeline of oligonucleotide, enzyme, protein and peptide programs to efficiently target and engage underlying drivers of diseases.
Our novel approach to drug design and delivery addresses current challenges associated with both large and small molecule therapeutics and represents a fundamental advancement in the field of intracellular biologics.
We’re a tight-knit team of experts and leaders in both therapeutics development and rare disease and are excited to grow and attract colleagues who are ready to join a high energy, dedicated team that likes to get things done and dramatically improve the lives of patients and their families.
THE PERFECT FIT:
You should be a self-motivated and highly collaborative scientist looking forward to rolling up your sleeves, as you’ll be involved in aspects of our platform development group. Your background should be in chemistry or biology, with a significant amount experience with the biological characterization of novel molecules. You’ll work side-by-side with others in your group to help develop innovative medicines for treating some of the most challenging diseases.
In this role you will be responsible for the design and execution of in vitro and ex vivo assays to help expand the applications for and understanding of the Entrada EEV platform. You will have the opportunity to work with a range of assays and high through screening techniques, such as flow cytometry, ELISA, and confocal microscopy, to better understand the underlying biology and mechanisms of action for intracellular biologics. You will learn about bioconjugation to explore new modalities and the construction of model cellular systems to interrogate the role of different pathways. There will be other more standard components to the role like managing and maintaining cell lines, ordering chemicals and supplies, as well as preparing procedures, and other reports. There will also be other stretch opportunities like presenting data and research findings at internal meetings. Interests in learning assay development, applied chemistry, and chemical biology desired.
At Entrada, our passion for science, our devotion to patients and our values drive our behavior:
- Humanity - We genuinely care about patients and about one another.
- Tenacity - We are relentless and persistent in the pursuit of developing therapies for patients.
- Creativity - We are creative problem solvers.
- Collaboration - We are more than the sum of our parts.
- Curiosity - We have a growth mindset and push conventional thought and theory.
To thrive on our team, you will need to come with:
- Your Ph.D in chemistry, chemical biology, biochemistry, or other relavent disciplines will have you ready to perform at your best with us as you come with experience in bioorganic chemistry, chemical biology, fluorescent microscopy, flow cytometry, mammalian cell culture and assays, molecular biology, and assay development.
- Scientist I (Ph.D in a related field; 0-2 years of exp.); Scientist II (Ph.D in a related field; 2-4 years of exp)
- We hope you have experience with western blotting, ELISA and primary cell culture but by no means is this mandatory.
- Have you worked in an industry setting before? Great, but again isn’t a must have, we just hope you are able to multi-task well to meet our research and development goals.
- You should thrive in a fast-paced environment and interact effectively with multiple disciplinaries.
- Don’t forget about the opportunity to present internally, you should be an excellent communicator, both written and verbally.
By becoming a team member here at Entrada, you’ll have access to competitive health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as life insurance, and short term and long-term disability insurance. We value work life balance, you'll benefit from discretionary time off, paternity leave, and an excellent 401(k) package. We also offer a generous transportation stipend to commute as you wish. Our location in the vibrant and growing Seaport District is close to all the best that the city of Boston has to offer.
Entrada Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.Third Party Staffing Agencies
Entrada does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. For the protection of all parties involved in the recruiting process, resumes will only be accepted from recruiters/agencies if a signed agreement is in place at the inception of the recruiting effort and authorized for a specified position. Unsolicited resumes sent to Entrada from recruiters/agencies do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter/agency and Entrada and do not obligate Entrada to pay fees if we hire from those resumes.
Entrada Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company aiming to transform the lives of patients by establishing a new class of medicines, Endosomal Escape Vehicle (EEV™) therapeutics, to engage intracellular targets that have long been considered inaccessible and undruggable. The Company’s EEV therapeutics are designed to enable the efficient intracellular delivery of a wide range of therapeutics into a variety of organs and tissues with an improved therapeutic index. Through its proprietary, highly versatile and modular EEV platform, Entrada is building a robust development portfolio of oligonucleotide-, antibody- and enzyme-based programs for the potential treatment of neuromuscular diseases, immunology, oncology and diseases of the central nervous system. The Company’s lead oligonucleotide programs include ENTR-601-44 targeting Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) and ENTR-701 targeting myotonic dystrophy type 1 (DM1).
Stock Symbol: TRDA
Stock Exchange: NASDAQ
6 Tide Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert