- Emergent BioSolutions
- Baltimore (Bayview), MD
- Start date
- Mar 10, 2023
- Manufacturing & Production, Materials/Inventory Control
- Required Education
- High School or equivalent
- Position Type
- Full time
We go where others won’t, taking on some of the biggest public health challenges to protect and enhance millions of lives, and create a better, more secure world. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect and enhance life.
- JOB SUMMARY
Responsible for performing administrative and physical tasks in the materials management function including shipping, receiving, inventory control, and delivery of materials. Loads, unloads, and/or conveys materials throughout the site; verifies quantity, weight, and conformance of materials utilizing matching protocol; prepares records of materials shipped.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Support Manufacturing, Warehousing, Inventory Control, and Distribution activities for the facility in accordance with cGMP regulations and related SOPs.
- Ensure required materials are received in order to support Emergent manufacturing activities.
- Update and maintain (SAP) inventory control system.
- Operate forklift and related warehouse equipment to ensure an organized and safe warehouse
- Coordinate transportation and logistics as required to support the shipping activities of licensed product as well as other materials, products, equipment, etc.
- Support Cold Chain shipping solutions as required.
- Generate appropriate export controls and documentation.
- Arrange, monitor and track shipments to ensure smooth transit through the logistical path—including international shipping.
- Maintain compliance with Sarbanes Oxley controls in the warehouse and Supply Chain activities.
- Conduct Emergent Cycle Counting program through SAP.
- Participate in Physical Inventory if required
- Assist in promoting Supply Chain objectives throughout the organization.
- Support the site RF scanning and serialization processes
- Assist as needed in the support of manufacturing operations to assure objectives are met.
- Maintain safe warehouse environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- High School diploma required; Associates preferred.
- 2 – 3 years of Supply Chain Management experience and training preferably in a manufacturing, pharmaceutical or bio-tech environment.
- Prior Biopharmaceutical experience preferred.
- ERP experience preferred (SAP preferred).
- IATA Certification preferred.
- Forklift experience required; forklift certification preferred.
- Knowledgeable in DOT and Dangerous Goods Shipping regulations.
- Knowledgeable in export documentation and controls.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail.
Per CDC guidelines, Emergent strongly recommends that all employees working on site are vaccinated to help ensure their safety, as well as the safety of fellow employees. This includes the use of good judgment when determining when the CDC guidelines advise that you stay home when ill.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.
Emergent BioSolutions is a global life sciences company whose mission is to protect and enhance life. Through our specialty products and contract development and manufacturing services, we are dedicated to providing solutions that address public health threats. Through social responsibility, we aim to build healthier and safer communities. We aspire to deliver peace of mind to our patients and customers so they can focus on what’s most important in their lives. In working together, we envision protecting or enhancing 1 billion lives by 2030. For more information visit www.emergentbiosolutions.com. Find us on LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter.
Stock Symbol: EBS
400 Professional Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert