Director, Biomarker Sciences
- IDEAYA Biosciences
- San Diego, California
- Start date
- Mar 9, 2023
- Clinical, Clinical Development, Clinical Project Management, Science/R&D, Bio-Assay Development, Biology, Biotherapeutics, Research, Laboratory
- Required Education
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay
IDEAYA has an industry leading platform and pipeline in Synthetic Lethality. IDEAYA has established strategic collaborations with Amgen and Pfizer supporting its pipeline programs, and also has wholly-owned or controlled clinical and preclinical programs.
When you're at IDEAYA, you will be in the midst of brilliant minds working on precision medicine therapies to help cancer patients. We are passionate and committed about being on the forefront of oncology medicine, which means we all have a high internal drive that is at the very core of every person at IDEAYA. We are inquisitive, ask deep questions, and are data-driven innovators who like to collaborate and use team work to move science forward. For more information, please see www.ideayabio.com.
This individual will contribute to the strategic direction of IDEAYA by leading one to several biomarker programs with an aim of identifying and developing assays required to evaluate pharmacodynamics (PD) as well as to implement clinically relevant predictive biomarkers that enrich for patients responsive to IDEAYA therapeutics. Linked to this, leading companion diagnostic strategies where appropriate will also be required. Importantly, bench to bedside back to bench activities will be coordinated by this individual via collaboration with discovery colleagues. In the context of pediatric planning, participation in the pre-clinical activities supportive of the initial pediatric study plans (iPSP) for individual programs will also be necessary.
This role will require you to work from our office in San Diego, California or South San Francisco, California.
What you'll do:
- Develop and implement a biomarker plan for individual programs that includes assay development, timelines, budget, and data output and analysis plans
- Lead all proof of mechanism activities
- Interrogate biomarker hypotheses using an array of techniques, including cell proliferation and viability assays, Western blotting, CRISPR/Cas9, Nanostring/RNASeq, siRNA/shRNA knockdown, immunofluorescence and other methods either coordinated with discovery research or through CRO outsourcing
- Identify patient selection biomarkers and strategies
- Establish and execute a companion diagnostic plan
- Coordinate time appropriate pediatric study planning
- Present data and report on project status at team, departmental, and governance meetings
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills who establishes & nurtures highly effective relationships with colleagues and key stakeholders to support and advance project goals and objectives
- Self-motivated to work effectively and collaboratively in a dynamic environment with an openness to learn new skills
- Possess strong organizational skills and be able to multi-task, to meet timelines efficiently and productively
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- PhD degree in cell and molecular biology or related discipline with 5+ years of biomarker related experience in industry
- Comprehensive knowledge of cancer biology and drug development
- Experience with molecular and cell biology techniques and advance data analysis tools.
- Experience with the analysis and interpretation of genomic and other datasets from preclinical and clinical samples
- Broad experience with diverse biomarker technologies including but not limited to IHC, gene expression, NGS and other genomic technologies, along with demonstrated ability to implement such technologies in the clinical setting
- Experience working in close concert with research scientists and bioinformaticians to translate hypotheses generated from preclinical and clinical samples or data sets
- Experience working on drug development teams and broad familiarity with biomarkers in early and later stage clinical development
- Ability to work closely with clinical operations to ensure implementation and collection of relevant clinical biomarker data; including contributions to clinical protocols, other regulatory documents and oversight of CRO/vendor quality.
$224,370 - $265,128 a year
The salary range is an estimate and may vary based on the Company’s compensation practices.
The Company complies with all laws respecting equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants with regard to any protected characteristic as defined by federal, state, and local law. This position requires you to work onsite at the Company’s facilities, with partial work-from-home flexibility, and the Company requires that all employees working in its facilities be fully vaccinated (except as required by applicable law). Therefore, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons, and/or as otherwise required by applicable law. The Company considers you fully vaccinated once 14 days have passed since you received either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine must have been FDA approved, have emergency use authorization from the FDA, or, for persons fully vaccinated outside of the U.S., be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.
Along with our highly collaborative and inclusive environment, IDEAYA offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes (but is not limited to) medical/dental/vision coverage (100% company paid for employees and 90% company paid for dependents), retirement benefits, ESPP and wellness programs. All full-time employees will also be eligible for an annual bonus and equity refresh.
IDEAYA is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, IDEAYA does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets.
California Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Founded in 2015, IDEAYA Biosciences is a public, clinical-stage synthetic lethality-focused precision medicine oncology company committed to the discovery and development of targeted therapeutics for patient populations selected using DNA sequencing and other molecular diagnostics. Our approach integrates extensive capabilities in identifying and validating translational biomarkers with small molecule drug discovery to select patient populations most likely to benefit from the therapies we are developing. We are applying these capabilities across multiple classes of precision medicine, including direct targeting of oncogenic pathways and synthetic lethality – which represents an emerging class of precision medicine targets. We believe this diversified approach will enable us to deliver the right medicine to the right patient to drive a more robust clinical response.
Stock Symbol: IDYA
7000 Shoreline Court
South San Francisco
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert