Who We Are
RefleXion is developing the SCINTIX™ biology-guided radiotherapy* machine that is the first to utilize the cancer’s biology itself to control radiation delivery, even in tumors that are moving. By using positron emission tomography (PET), RefleXion’s platform enables a leap forward in the ongoing goal of conventional radiotherapy to manage motion, and potentially diminish radiation toxicity, making it feasible to one day provide more options for patients with advanced stage cancer.
Currently, the RefleXion X1 machine is cleared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the delivery of stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT), stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) and intensity modulated radiotherapy (IMRT).
Find out more about RefleXion and SCINTIX therapy at reflexion.com.
Stay up to date with RefleXion by following our channels here:
LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube.
*SCINTIX™ biology-guided radiotherapy is pending regulatory review and is not commercially available.
About This Role
The Senior Manager Legal will provide legal support across all of the business functions of RefleXion. This attorney or paralegal manages a broad range of responsibilities including providing first-line support to the Clinical Affairs and Business Development teams, managing the legal operations functions and other issues including but not limited to management of standard contracts, development of new contract templates and processes and negotiation of sales and other transactions.
What You Will Be Doing
- Provide first-line legal support for the Clinical Affairs and Business Development functions.
- Work with the VP Head of Legal to support the sales and supply chain functions as well as assist in corporate issues.
- Support other members of the Legal department and other department roles on routine processes and legal matters.
- Draft, process, and/or reviews legal and other documents (e.g., contracts, applications) and correspondence for straightforward legal matters.
- Review business materials (e.g., marketing collateral, proposals, requests for proposals) and programs for compliance with applicable laws and internal policies.
- Develop and maintain legal operations tools and processes (e.g., internal review processes, contract request processes etc.).
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Where You Will Do This Job
- Hybrid - This position will allow the successful candidate to work on a Hybrid work location schedule. They must be based in the greater SF Bay Area and must be able to commute into the RefleXion office in Hayward 1-4 days a week, depending on the role.
What We Need
- Ten (10) years’ experience as a paralegal/contracts manager OR five (5) years’ experience as an attorney in a technology or life sciences company
- Juris Doctorate (JD) degree from an accredited law school OR a bachelor’s degree in a field that develops the skills required for the functions and responsibilities of the position and completion of an approved paralegal program.
- Outstanding judgment and integrity, ability to balance complex matters independently and closely manage outside counsel.
- Creative disposition and a problem-solving approach that draws on experience and intuition coupled with a willingness to take calculated risks to keep the business moving.
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and able to turn work around very quickly, as needed.
- Entrepreneurial and ability to work across various modes of communication; strong sense of purpose; enjoy working cross-functionally with colleagues in a low-politic environment.
What You Will Love About Working with Us!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven team in a pre-IPO start-up environment
- Flexible work location and schedule – hybrid work environment for many positions
- Competitive compensation and Pre–IPO stock option packages
- Medical (both HMO and PPO options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 Weeks/Year PTO Accrual rate to start and 12 Paid Company Holidays
- Employer paid Life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- RefleXion Benefit Hub –Company exclusive discounts and deals on a variety of sites and items
- Weekly catered on-site lunches as well as kitchens filled with a variety of healthy and delicious food and drinks – including an espresso machine and panini stations!
- Employee Events – Variety of Workshops, Lunch ‘n Learns, Financial Wellness education, Regular “Coffee Chats” with Executive Leadership, Scavenger Hunts, Company Milestone celebrations and more!
- Electric car charging stations on site
The pay range for this role is $145,000 - $245,000. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor. The total compensation package for this position may also include bonus, stock, benefits and/or other applicable variable compensation.
Values and Diversity
RefleXion is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability/medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.