Head of Global Patent Litigation
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Tarrytown, New York
- Start date
- Mar 9, 2023
- Regulatory, Legal/Compliance
- Required Education
- Masters Degree/MBA
- Position Type
- Full time
- Pharm Country, Best Places to Work
The Head of Global Patent Litigation will be responsible for the enforcement of the company’s IP rights and defense against patent infringement suits throughout the world. A significant portion of this role will be to manage and develop an accomplished team of in-house patent litigation attorneys in the United States and Europe. The role will also aid patent prosecutors in patent office proceedings (both pre-grant and post-grant) in the United States, Europe, Asia, and throughout the world. This is an opportunity to join our select team of world-class lawyers, physicians, scientists, and more than 12000 global employees that are leading the way in the biotech industry and Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science and good business.
As the Head of Global Patent Litigation, a typical day may include:
- Advocating for the company’s position in global patent enforcement actions and non-patent litigation
- Supervising attorneys, paralegals, and other legal employees; supporting their professional development and development of skills, competencies, and proficiencies
- Examining and explaining complexed scientific and legal concepts, developing strategies, and presenting options to senior management.
- Establishing and fostering good working relationships with outside counsel while demonstrating a willingness to evaluate their advice independently
- Partnering with Regeneron's lawyers and legal staff, responding to requests for legal advice and improving the scope of knowledge
- Managing departmental budgets including litigation costs
- Assisting with general litigation (non-IP) matters and government investigations.
This role may be for you if you possess:
- Significant experience managing, mentoring and developing high-performing patent litigation teams while coordinating substantive positions among the company’s global patent litigations
- Comfort presenting complex legal matters to senior management and interacting with the CEO, Chief Scientific Officer, and members of our Board of Directors.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong partnerships with other company employees and our strategic alliance partners, and to communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the company.
- Significant understanding of business and clinical priorities outside of legal strategies.
- Excellent analytical, oral communication, presentation and writing skills
- Ability to partner with and influence colleagues and clients in a highly collaborative and matrixed environment
To be considered for this role, you must possess 20+ years of litigation experience with a focus on patent litigation. Ideally the candidate will have with a mix of experience in law firms, government, or in-house positions in the pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology industry. The ideal candidate will also be able to demonstrate a strong professional track record and ability to learn new technologies. Strong experience leading teams as a partner at a law firm, managing a litigation group at a pharmaceutical or biotechnology company, or as a government attorney at the Department of Justice or an agency. A scientific background in the biological sciences or chemistry is required, and an advanced degree is a plus. Experience with patent office proceedings, registration with the USPTO, and familiarity with international invalidation and opposition proceedings is preferred. Admission to the New York bar is preferred.Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)$269,000.00 - $448,300.00
Regeneron is a leading biotechnology company that invents life-transforming medicines for people with serious diseases. Founded and led for 30 years by physician-scientists, our unique ability to repeatedly and consistently translate science into medicine has led to seven FDA-approved treatments and numerous product candidates in development, all of which were homegrown in our laboratories. Our medicines and pipeline are designed to help patients with eye disease, allergic and inflammatory diseases, cancer, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, infectious diseases, pain and rare diseases.
Regeneron is accelerating and improving the traditional drug development process through our proprietary VelociSuite® technologies, such as VelocImmune® which produces optimized fully-human antibodies, and ambitious research initiatives such as the Regeneron Genetics Center, which is conducting one of the largest genetics sequencing efforts in the world.
Stock Symbol: REGN
Stock Exchange: NASDAQ
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
777 Old Saw Mill River Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert