Manufacturing Associate II / III - Cell Therapy
- Adicet Bio, Inc.
- Redwood City, CA
- Start date
- Mar 9, 2023
- Manufacturing & Production, Manufacturing/Mechanical, Science/R&D, Biotherapeutics
- Required Education
- Associate Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay
Adicet Bio, Inc. is a clinical stage biotechnology company discovering and developing allogeneic gamma delta T cell therapies for cancer. Adicet is advancing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” gamma delta T cells, engineered with chimeric antigen receptors (CARs) and adaptors (CAds), to enhance selective tumor targeting and facilitate innate and adaptive anti-tumor immune response for durable activity in patients. For more information, please visit our website at https://www.adicetbio.com.
MANUFACTURING ASSOCIATE II / III – CELL THERAPY
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual with a strong background in cell process development/manufacturing. The Manufacturing Associate 2 will report to the Director of Manufacturing. In this role you will support the daily manufacturing operations of allogeneic CAR T cell therapies, assist with troubleshooting complex and non-routine equipment events, initiate and support deviations, and author SOPs. You will implement Good Manufacturing Practices and best practices to streamline manufacturing operations.
You will demonstrate expertise and breadth of knowledge in executing processes across a variety of production activities such as cell processing, aseptic behavior, monitoring equipment and processes, product sampling, and conducting routine sanitization tasks to maintain facility and equipment. You will read and follow defined SOPs and policies, work independently on basic manufacturing tasks, identify, and communicate non-routine events, and review more complex decisions with your direct supervisor.
- Oversee and participate in the execution of cellular drug product manufacturing according to defined SOPs and manufacturing batch records within a cleanroom environment
- Operate and troubleshoot bioprocess equipment such as Sepax, LOVO, CliniMACS, functionally closed system bioreactors, and controlled rate freezers
- With Quality Assurance, supervisor, and Facilities, ensure preparedness for runs in terms of equipment readiness and operator training
- Troubleshoot OOE and OOT issues during routine manufacturing
- Manage, provide guidance, and support a team of manufacturing associates
- Collaborate with MS&T to refine MBRs and with SCM to generate supply orders to support BOM
- Must possess high degree of learning agility
- Support Quality Management system including but not limited to deviation investigations and risk assessments
- Understand and implement safety procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in a biological science, engineering or related science discipline with 1-3 years of experience in a clinical processing and/or cell culture operations preferably in a GMP environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- GMP experience in a cleanroom for cell therapy products required with previous experience in gown qualification, aseptic behavior, materials kitting, and aseptic flow of materials
- A strong background in cell therapy or CAR-T products preferred
- Working knowledge and understanding of GMP, GCP, GDP, and relevant FDA guidelines.
- Process-oriented with strong analytical skills for risk identification and management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and can confidently communicate with all levels of staff in this collaborative work environment.
- Self-motivated and comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
- Proficient in MS word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and warehouse management software.
At Adicet, our people are our greatest focus. We believe that attracting and retaining the best and brightest is the key to achieving our mission to deliver best-in-class gamma delta T cell therapies for patients fighting cancer.
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, annual cash bonus, long-term incentives (equity), Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) and a 401(k) with ROTH and a 4.5% Company match.
To ensure the wellness of our employees and their loved ones, we offer comprehensive health plans (medical, dental, vision, etc.), Flexible Health and Commuter Spending Accounts (FSA) and a company matched Health Savings Account (HSA). We also offer a life, AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance, and legal, pet, and various other voluntary insurance programs.
We also believe our greatest ideas come when we are refreshed and focused, and we offer generous paid time-off including 12 company holidays with end-of-year shutdown, vacation, sick time, and paid parental leave.
Adicet is located in a state-of-the-art facility and works to create an incredible office experience with an onsite gym and various other fitness options, abundant, zero-cost, onsite parking with electric vehicle charging stations and free shuttle (Caltrain), company subsidized lunches (delivered onsite daily) and fully stocked breakrooms.
In compliance with California’s pay transparency law and in pursuit of pay equity and fairness, we publish salary ranges for all open positions. The pay scale range for this role is $75,000 - $127,000 annualized base salary. The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, their qualifications (education, experience, specialty, and training), and peer and market data. This listed salary range represents the Company’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
Adicet Bio, Inc. is a privately held, pre-clinical stage biotechnology company developing novel universal immune cell therapies based on gamma delta T cells engineered with Chimeric Antigen Receptors. Adicet is also focused on identifying and validating cancer specific targets directed to the intracellular proteome and then generating T Cell Receptor-like monoclonal antibodies (TCRLs) directed to these cancer-specific peptide targets presented by MHC Class I complexes. These TCRLs are being used to arm T cells or as T cell engagers in solid tumors. In August 2016, Adicet entered into a strategic collaboration with Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. to develop next-generation engineered immune-cell therapeutics using Adicet's gamma delta T cell allogeneic platform technology.
For more information, please visit our website at http://www.adicetbio.com.
200 Constitution Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert