Computational Biologist - Human Genomics
- InVitro Cell Research, LLC
- Fort Lee, NJ
- Start date
- Mar 9, 2023
- Science/R&D, Biology, Genomics
- Required Education
- Masters Degree/MBA
- Position Type
- Full time
- Pharm Country
Our genomics research aims to identify the strong and weak points in the human genome as they relate to health and disease risk. We're diving deep into human genomes to improve personalized medicine through personalized genomics.
With us, you'll get to:
- Conduct in-depth analyses of whole genome, whole exome, epigenetic, and gene expression data to discover potential disease-associated traits and identify practical, actionable therapeutic targets for disease prevention and interventional therapy
- Compose personalized genomics reports resulting from extensive research on specific genetic conditions or diseases. This includes summarizing existing literature, as well as identifying and evaluating the effects of both known and novel genetic variants and determining their effects on disease
- Conduct genomics analyses on next-gen sequencing data, including DNA variant calling, CNV and structural variation analyses, mitochondrial DNA variation, family-based analysis (transmission, de novo variants)
- Collaborate with other ICR team members to translate genetic/genomic findings into actionable pathways toward the discovery of potential treatments for everything from rare diseases, age-related disease and biological aging genetics
Please apply if you have:
- PhD or another advanced degree in biomedical science
- In-depth knowledge of personalized genomics, disease risk analysis (including polygenic risk modeling) and age-related disease genetics
- Experience in computational, statistical or translational genomics/genetics
- Extensive programming experience and working knowledge of diverse programming languages (especially Python and R); ability to work in Linux
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Experience in variant curation
- Experience with methods for disease risk prediction using primarily genetic data (e.g. polygenic models), but also with the possibility of integrating any number of epigenetic, transcriptomic, proteomic, metabolomic, etc. datasets
- Knowledge of Bayesian statistical methods and biostatistics in general
And you'll need:
- The ability to work in the United States without sponsorship
- To have an easygoing, hard-working personality
Starting base pay range: $155,000/yr - $225,000/yr
Starting additional compensation range: $15,000/yr - $40,000/yr
Starting position title and compensation are commensurate with experience.
InVitro Cell Research, LLC (ICR) is a privately funded company focused on regenerative and preventive personalized medicine. We are dedicated to discovering and developing interventions to slow and reverse biological aging and prevent major age-related diseases.
ICR has a small-group vibe and a highly collaborative work environment. We invest in our scientists, providing them the state-of-the-art resources they need to leverage their time and skills most effectively, empowering small teams to accomplish the amazing and advance our mission.
Our mission is to research ways to repair aging people, fast.
- InVitro Cell Research, LLC
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert