Therapeutic Area Head, Immunology, GMA
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Start date
- Mar 9, 2023
- Science/R&D, Immunology
- Required Education
- Position Type
- Full time
- Genetown, Best Places to Work
At Takeda, we are a forward-looking, world-class R&D organization that unlocks innovation and delivers transformative therapies to patients. By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, we push the boundaries of what is possible in order to bring life-changing therapies to patients worldwide.
Join Takeda as a Therapeutic Area Head, Immunology, GMA where you will establish and build a newly created Immunology Therapeutic Area (TA) including the hiring of Global Medical Affairs (GMA) professionals covering different therapeutic indications and devising/implementing a multi-year strategic plan for priority development asset including full budgetary responsibilities. Lead development and execution of multi-year global medical strategy for Immunology TA, appropriately aligned with overall GM strategy and cross-functional partners in R&D and GPD (Clinical, Regulatory, GEO, PV, GPLS, HEPA, MPD, and Regions). Serve as member of the Global Medical Leadership Team contributing to overall Medical portfolio management and prioritization as well as definition and execution of GMA multi-year strategic plan.
You will serve as a member of the Global Medical Leadership Team contributing to overall Medical portfolio management and prioritization as well as the definition and execution of the GMA multi-year strategic plan. And, serve as a member of the Global Portfolio Division Senior Leadership Team. Accountable for the development and implementation of all Immunology TA Global Medical and evidence generation plans and strategies in collaboration with cross-functional partners. Key Medical representative on cross-functional Global strategy teams including R&D and Commercial. Act as a senior company representative interacting with external scientific leaders, patient advocacy groups, and/or regulatory authorities. Collaborate with Legal, Compliance, and Regulatory functions to ensure proper and ethical interactions between GM personnel and external stakeholders. As part of the Global Medical team, you will report to Chief Medical Officer EVP, Global Medical.How you will contribute:
- Accountable for TA medical strategy and plans
- Definition of overall TA strategy including headcount planning and full budgetary responsibilities.
- Development and execution of medical strategy for all assets/indications within TA including evidence generation strategy/execution, publication plans, congress strategy, customer interaction strategy, scientific communication platforms aligned with product strategy, BD medical activities, and digital strategy.
- Development of overall medical product strategy; medical affairs input for the product(s) to Product Strategy Team, GPTs, and Senior Leadership Teams.
- Definition of overall TA medical HTA and reimbursement strategies.
- Development of medical tactical plans and budget for global initiatives.
- Definition of overall global GM goals/deliverables and key performance metrics.
- Acts as a senior company representative with external scientific leaders, policymakers, patient advocacy groups, and/or regulatory authorities.
- Establish and/or enhance partnerships with key academic institutions and develops relationships with key thought leaders.
- Establish appropriate strategic partnerships with HCPs in areas of scientific interest.
- Represent GM at internal and external meetings.
- Serve as a key medical resource on the disease area and on specific products.
- Maintains a high level of expertise in therapeutic area disease area.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of global pharmaceutical regulations, guidelines, codes of practices, and Takeda policies related to all medical activities.
- Develop, conduct, or participates in therapeutic training programs for Takeda internal departments.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time, including domestic and international travel.
- Some activities may call for early or late meetings and attendance at scientific meetings on holidays and weekends.
- Medical degree required; board certification in Immunology or related field strongly preferred.
- 12+ years of experience in biopharmaceutical medicine, preferably within a matrix or franchise structure.
- Strategic and thought leadership experience in medical affairs and Immunology.
- Experience successfully leading global cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to create, lead and influence successful collaborations, and to navigate and address challenging dynamics on a global cross-functional team.
- Sound understanding of clinical development.
- Demonstrated inclusive leadership.
- Demonstrated business acumen. Sound understanding of all key aspects of drug development.
- Proven track record of leading effective collaboration of large multi-disciplinary cross-functional teams to an aligned goal.
- Ability to think strategically from a medical perspective and engage with cross-functional partners about how to support the growth of a Therapeutic Area.
- Sound understanding of global reimbursement and HTA environment.
- Ability to work in a global environment, across diverse cultures, and successfully influence and negotiate across and outside of the organization.
- Strong clinical skills and understanding of clinical trial design.
- Ability to lead and motivate large teams and drive initiatives without direct line management authority.
- Good analytical skills as applied to medical, scientific, and technical information.
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and a company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best-in-class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This position is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
Base Salary Range: $ 291,000 – 417,000, based on the candidate's professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for Short-term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program, and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.LocationsBoston, MAWorker TypeEmployeeWorker Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Takeda is a global, values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical leader headquartered in Japan, committed to discover and deliver life-transforming treatments, guided by our commitment to patients, our people and the planet. Takeda focuses its R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas: Oncology, Rare Genetics and Hematology, Neuroscience, and Gastroenterology (GI). We also make targeted R&D investments in Plasma-Derived Therapies and Vaccines. We are focusing on developing highly innovative medicines that contribute to making a difference in people’s lives by advancing the frontier of new treatment options and leveraging our enhanced collaborative R&D engine and capabilities to create a robust, modality-diverse pipeline. Our employees are committed to improving quality of life for patients and to working with our partners in health care in approximately 80 countries and regions.
For more information, visit https://www.takeda.com.
Stock Symbol: TAK
650 East Kendall Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert