Scientist, Oligonucleotide Process Chemistry (CONTRACT)
- Entrada Therapeutics
- Boston, MA
- Start date
- Mar 9, 2023
- Engineering, Science/R&D, Biotechnology, Chemistry
- Required Education
- Masters Degree/MBA
- Position Type
- Genetown, Best Places to Work
What's happening at Entrada Therapeutics? Our mission is to transform the treatment of devastating diseases and improve patients' quality of life using intracellular biologics. Leveraging our proprietary Endosomal Escape Vehicle (EEV)™ platform, we are creating and advancing a diverse pipeline of oligonucleotide, enzyme, protein and peptide programs to efficiently target and engage underlying drivers of diseases.
Our novel approach to drug design and delivery addresses current challenges associated with both large and small molecule therapeutics and represents a fundamental advancement in the field of intracellular biologics.
We're a tight-knit team of experts and leaders in both therapeutics development and rare disease and are excited to grow and attract colleagues who are ready to join a high energy, dedicated team that likes to get things done and dramatically improve the lives of patients and their families.The Perfect Fit
You are a highly motivated, collaborative, and enthusiastic Scientist excited to support the company at a critical stage in its growth trajectory. You are a scientist with a organic chemistry background that operates with an engineering mindset! You will become part of exclusive group of scientists who will synthesize oligonucleotides, peptides via solid-phase synthesis. Additionally will become part of a team that optimizes reactions, scales synthesis protocols, troubleshoots reactions, purifies materials using HPLC and IEX, and performs characterizations using LCMS. If you are detailed oriented, self motivated and eager to learn in a collaborative setting, then this role is for you. At Entrada, you will not be siloed, but rather encouraged to interact across different functional groups, including Discovery, Process Development, Pharmacology, Product Development, and CRO/CMOs. Your ability and desire to thrive in a nimble, fast-paced, results-driven environment will set you up for success.The Opportunity
In this position you will be responsible for the synthesis, purification, and characterization of small organic compounds and oligonucleotides produced within our Oligonucleotide Process Chemistry group. The materials you produce here will support projects in early discovery, process development, and product development. As such, you will support general lab functions and perform regular maintenance of equipment within our group.Responsibilities
- Responsible for the synthesis, purification, and characterization of organic compounds and oligonucleotides
- Support general lab functions and perform regular equipment maintenance
- Maintain relationships with vendors and CRO/CMOs to support company goals
- Perform synthesis projects under guided supervision while leaning on internal and external experts as needed
- Communicate processes and findings across different formats including authoring and reviewing standard test methods for technology transfer, reports, protocol writing, regulatory filings (IND, IMPD, etc.), patent applications, publications (including review for technical correctness and regulatory compliance) and in internal and external meetings
At Entrada, our passion for science, our devotion to patients and our values drive our behavior:
- Humanity - We genuinely care about patients and about one another.
- Tenacity - We are relentless and persistent in the pursuit of developing therapies for patients.
- Creativity - We are creative problem solvers.
- Collaboration - We are more than the sum of our parts.
- Curiosity - We have a growth mindset and push conventional thought and theory.
To thrive on our team, you will need to come with:
- A PhD in Synthetic Organic Chemistry or a related discipline with 0-2 years of relevant post-graduate process chemistry experience in the Biotech or Pharmaceutical industries (post-graduate academic experience will be considered); or MSc in Synthetic Organic Chemistry or a related discipline with 5+ years in process chemistry experience
- A strong background organic chemistry, with emphasis on solid-phase oligonucleotide or peptide synthesis experience is preferred
- Experience with scale up or process chemistry is preferred
- Experience with reverse-phase and ion-exchange purification and LC-MS characterization techniques is valuable
- Experience with troubleshooting synthetic reactions and solving synthesis issues is highly desirable
- Experience preparing standard protocols
- Experience maintaining relationships with CROs/CMOs and vendors is a plus
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Experience working independently with guided supervision and collaborate with other groups
- An understanding of project timelines and coordinating experiments to meet team objectives
By becoming a team member here at Entrada, you’ll have access to competitive health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as life insurance, and short term and long-term disability insurance. We value work life balance, you'll benefit from discretionary time off, paternity leave, and an excellent 401(k) package. We also offer a generous transportation stipend to commute as you wish. Our location in the vibrant and growing Seaport District is close to all the best that the city of Boston has to offer.
Entrada Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.Third Party Staffing Agencies
Entrada does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. For the protection of all parties involved in the recruiting process, resumes will only be accepted from recruiters/agencies if a signed agreement is in place at the inception of the recruiting effort and authorized for a specified position. Unsolicited resumes sent to Entrada from recruiters/agencies do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter/agency and Entrada and do not obligate Entrada to pay fees if we hire from those resumes.
Entrada Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company aiming to transform the lives of patients by establishing a new class of medicines, Endosomal Escape Vehicle (EEV™) therapeutics, to engage intracellular targets that have long been considered inaccessible and undruggable. The Company’s EEV therapeutics are designed to enable the efficient intracellular delivery of a wide range of therapeutics into a variety of organs and tissues with an improved therapeutic index. Through its proprietary, highly versatile and modular EEV platform, Entrada is building a robust development portfolio of oligonucleotide-, antibody- and enzyme-based programs for the potential treatment of neuromuscular diseases, immunology, oncology and diseases of the central nervous system. The Company’s lead oligonucleotide programs include ENTR-601-44 targeting Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) and ENTR-701 targeting myotonic dystrophy type 1 (DM1).
Stock Symbol: TRDA
Stock Exchange: NASDAQ
6 Tide Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert