Sr. Director Program Mgmt. & Governance (Remote)
- Emergent BioSolutions
- Gaithersburg, MD
- Start date
- Mar 9, 2023
- Administration, Science/R&D, Biotechnology, General
- Required Education
- Associate Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
We go where others won’t, taking on some of the biggest public health challenges to protect and enhance millions of lives, and create a better, more secure world. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect and enhance life.
The Senior Director, Program Management & Governance is responsible for proactively managing key business priorities for the function, driving critical projects/programs, supporting major change initiatives, and ensuring adherence to functional governance. Reporting to the VP, Quality & Compliance Strategy and Governance, this role is central to supporting the function through special projects and initiatives that will shape and drive organizational strategy and delivery of an industry-leading Quality, Ethics and Compliance function.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Actively leads complex, strategic, enterprise projects/programs and drives change as required to deliver on functional transformation and strategy objectives.
- Ensures execution of, and adherence to, executive level functional governance programs. Works to continuously innovate, optimize and improve associated processes.
- Cultivates appropriate relationships with stakeholders and acts as the single point of contact for program-related activities, ensuring effective communication with all stakeholders, steering committees, and core team members.
- Produces all expected deliverables in a timely manner, and proactively communicates changes and risks to pre-established goals, deliverables, and timelines.
- Anticipates potential issues and challenges teams to formulate solutions.
- Ensures appropriate organizational change management is integrated into all program and project initiatives providing for rapid acceptance and a positive stakeholder experience.
- Develops succinct and inspiring presentations that convey key messages to various audiences including senior/executive leaders
- Embraces the company’s core values and demonstrates adoption through daily work and interactions with others.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- A university degree in a science-related discipline with 10 plus years/ 15 or more preferred of relevant work experience
- Strong working knowledge of quality and compliance principles in the pharmaceutical/ biotech/ CMDO industry
- PMP certification or equivalent is desirable
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrates leadership presence, strong decision-making capabilities and personal accountability; particularly in a cross-functional team/ project setting
- Ability to build and influence cross-functional stakeholder relationships
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Effectively navigates organizational dynamics
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to present to various audience levels including senior and executive level management
Per CDC guidelines, Emergent strongly recommends that all employees working on site are vaccinated to help ensure their safety, as well as the safety of fellow employees. This includes the use of good judgment when determining when the CDC guidelines advise that you stay home when ill.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.
Emergent BioSolutions is a global life sciences company whose mission is to protect and enhance life. Through our specialty products and contract development and manufacturing services, we are dedicated to providing solutions that address public health threats. Through social responsibility, we aim to build healthier and safer communities. We aspire to deliver peace of mind to our patients and customers so they can focus on what’s most important in their lives. In working together, we envision protecting or enhancing 1 billion lives by 2030. For more information visit www.emergentbiosolutions.com. Find us on LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter.
Stock Symbol: EBS
400 Professional Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert