Construction Program Data Manager
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
This position is in the Corporate Engineering and Facilities Department located in Foster City, California and reports into the Associate Director of Project Management. In this position, you will provide capital projects (construction) data analyses (budgets, trends, KPIs, and other metrics), reporting (planning, business justification, status, trends), project management support on small and large capital projects and lead the team's process improvement initiatives such as developing metrics and/or KPIs for use in vendor performance evaluations, construction safety tracking, CAPEX portfolio budget and personnel performance. As part of the project management team, you will collaborate with the project controls group that will expose you to cost, schedule, risk mitigation strategies, change management, RFP sourcing exercises, contracting methodologies and various other cost dynamic exercises that will afford you the opportunity to provide critical insight to support leadership decisions. This position will also assist with data gathering from historical projects and developing a robust benchmarking index based on project categorization, creating and maintaining data organization schemes, developing a lessons-learned data recording process for project archiving, as well as cost data presentations using available BI platforms, PMIS (e-Builder) data, and company financial software. The ideal candidate will exhibit a pervasive initiative to better improve the quality of our team's monitoring and controls platforms and processes, and must be passionate about the work, detail-oriented, analytical, and have excellent problem-solving abilities. You'll drive towards simple, scalable solutions to difficult problems, exercise project management skills, and be able to communicate complex analytical results in a clear and easy-to-understand manner. The candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment; able to adapt to change quickly and positively; deal effectively with a variety of people and situations; appropriately adapt thinking or approach as the situation changes.Essential Duties and Job Functions:
Additional Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- The primary function of the Construction Program Data Manager position is to provide effective construction program information and business management support services to CEF and portfolio leadership teams in order to optimize operations and complete the construction program on schedule and within budget
- Apply experience and knowledge in construction project controls or project management with respect to business and process improvement related projects delivery
- Collect, process, and analyze construction program data to present current and forecasted schedule and financial information in the form of reports, data tables and graphs combined within presentations or reports
- Lead the development of reporting capability, and the underlying data systems to support management reporting and analytics. Leverage existing project information management system in creating or improving dashboards and reports
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis and logical presentation of data to help inform and influence key business decisions around capital investments
- Analyze and report on spend and schedule analytics, and key metrics (KPIs) to help drive actionable strategies for the business
- Perform deep-dive analyses to deliver insights on the root causes of issues and make recommendations to drive changes in business strategy to leadership
- Drive decision-making and prioritization for the business through analyzing data, identifying trends, and producing optimized capital deployment strategies
- Convey a data-driven story to technical and non-technical audiences around key business insights, in collaboration with key cross-functional partners
- Apply experience and knowledge in financial analysis including Net Present Value, ROI, etc., to support project justification
- Analyze capital planning data and scenarios planning using a pre-established planning system and use information to plan and drive project program
- Identify problem areas and find solutions by considering alternatives, considering the benefits and costs of any recommendations.
- Write detailed reports, create Powerpoint reporting slides with effective use of infographics to convey the message, participate in presentations, discuss concepts and deliverables with management and leadership, and participate in capital planning efforts
- Research and implement additional tracking and reporting tools as necessary to support project management tracking, reporting and stage-gate decision making.
- Assist in developing and standardizing cost and schedule performance indicators for monitoring, measuring, and reporting of project portfolio and individual project progress and governance
- Perform financial analysis and support the preparation and presentation of business cases to secure funding approval to implement business drivers and initiatives
- Adopt processes, techniques and innovate tools to optimize analysis and delivery of results.
- Develop or improve existing project reporting tools for executive leadership reporting.
- Develop and maintain project progress updates and dashboards to routinely communicate portfolio status to leadership
- Keep management fully informed in a timely manner with regard to any and all potential problems on a project
- Create and maintain forecast and prediction models using construction data
- Adopt and lead a data-driven culture and use data visualization best practices to create best in class dashboards and tools
- Support and participate in the project delivery enhancement and implementation of various process improvements and earned value management.
- Develop a centralized repository, organization and collection scheme for the establishment of company project cost benchmarking
- Assist in developing portfolio CapEx and OpEx budget contents and presentations
- Ability to adapt to new software used by organization and construction teams
- Mentor junior members or young professionals in the team
- Provide project cost control services as required
- College degree (B.A., B.S., or higher) in Engineering, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Information Technology, Construction Management, or related discipline
- 5+ years experience in project cost, engineering, controls or project management
- 2+ years in
- managing costs, data analytics or business intelligence (Tableau, Power BI, SQL or equivalent)
- performing financial and data analytics, accounting and financial reporting principles
- visualization, dashboard development and reporting
- Experience in ground-up project controls function highly desirable
- Advanced Microsoft Excel capabilities, including utilizing pivot tables, formulas, importing various source data, creating forms for user inputs, integrating data to create queries and reports and exporting/publishing to interface with other programs (e.g., Oracle, SAP, e-Builder, etc.)
- Knowledge of tools required to create and present high-quality written and graphic deliverables, including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and MS Project.
- Proficiency in creating reports and presentation slide decks using MS Powerpoint and business infographics, business intelligence tools such as Tableau or Power BI
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills are required
- Effective at multitasking, managing time and prioritizing projects in order to meet established deadlines
- PMP (PMI) and/or CCP (AACE) certifications highly desired.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.