We are seeking a Sr Backend Application Developer who can help develop and maintain applications to analyze and interpret millions of genotyped and sequenced human samples, with a specific focus on back-end API development, and ensuring we deliver high quality and flexible tools to help scientists perform large scale genome-wide analyses. For the Regeneron Genetics Center to generate the knowledge that will enable us to deliver better medicines to the patients who need them, we need to enable many scientists to productively generate and interact with results derived from 1,000,000s of sequenced individuals.
As a Sr Backend Application Developer, a typical day may include:
- Implement new features to existing applications to fit users’ needs based on shifting innovative genetic analysis methods.
- Develop new applications and functions to support novel analysis types.
- Maintain, optimize, and implement new features to web applications, API, and command line interface (CLI).
- Interact with full-stack and front-end developers to understand the needs for back-end development, and occasionally assist front-end development.
- Provide user support by answering questions, understanding specific use cases, fixing bugs, and writing documentation.
- Communicate with, brainstorm new ideas with, and collect feature requests from a variety of colleagues who are authorities in analysis methods or are users of the tools you are developing.
This role could be for you if you:
- Enjoy developing tools and solving challenging problems in Python to aid scientists in performing creative analysis.
- Enjoy directly interacting with users to identify and develop solutions for their needs.
- Have a familiarity or strong interest in statistical genetics, human genetics or computational genomics.
- Can effectively communicate methods and present code to a variety of technical audiences.
- Enjoy working in a highly interactive environment with a diverse team of colleagues.
To be considered for this role, you must at least have a master’s degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Biomedical Engineering, or related field with minimum 4 years relevant experience in Biotechnology or Computational Biology. A doctorate degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Biomedical Engineering, or related field is preferred. Must have expertise in web application and/or software development. Experience working on a Linux/UNIX command line, SQL database and can develop code in a high-level programming language like Python. A consistent record of implementing scalable software tools and in a cloud-based computing environment (AWS, DNAnexus, GCP). Experience in continuous integration and continuous development (CI/CD) is preferred. You should have experience contributing to the development of open-source bioinformatics tools using standard methodologies in version control. Experience working with biological or genomics data is preferred.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)
$88,500.00 - $144,500.00