Associate Director, Global Multi Channel Marketing - Specialty
- Chicago, Illinois
- Start date
- Mar 8, 2023
- Marketing, Advertising, Marketing/Corporate Communications, Product Development/Management, Strategic Marketing, Sales & Service, Account Management, Business Development
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- BioMidwest, Best Places to Work
Global Specialty Care represents a critical therapeutic area within GMCO that includes a diverse portfolio of assets such as HCV, Neuroscience, Neurotoxins, Eye Care & Established Brands.
With an increasing number of launches and strategic initiatives underway, the need to advance our customer engagement model is paramount.
The Global MCM Specialty Care role will require active engagement with Customer Excellence (MCM team, Marketing analytics, Marketing Excellence, Launch Excellence, Sales Force effectiveness, BTS, BI), Marketing/Brand Management, Digital Innovation, Public Affairs/Relations and Technology leaders across Global, Regional and Country levels. The person will coordinate the MCM capabilities and development across Global Specialty Brand teams and participate to the deployment at Affiliates level in partnership with MCM CEx team.
This role requires good knowledge of Specialty brands, and pharma market dynamics’ understanding – especially on external communication channels and customer experience – including digital savviness.
Showing strategic capabilities coupled with strong organizational skills in order to put an action plan in place in collaboration with multi parties and functions.
As coordinator between various functions and geographies across the Specialty care organization, this person should display very strong communication skills in order to drive MCM transformation.
Lead MCM process for Specialty brands to build their MCM capabilities for the Affiliates
- Ensure channel capabilities are available for the Specialty brands at Area level
- Help developing framework for how affiliates can implement their MCM ecosystem
- Establish with CEx a training curriculum on MCM for Areas/Affiliates
Coordination amongst Specialty brands, Functions & Areas
- Ensure we are leveraging across brands and indications (avoid duplication of resources)
- Establish cross functional working group that includes CEx, BTS, Commercial, Medical & MABI
- Coordinate best practices sharing across Regions and brands
Lead Global MCM transformation in Specialty including
- Traditional & evolving channel expertise; customer engagement models
- Content strategy optimization
- Analytics & Insights (one approach for the Specialty Care organization)
- Strategic advisory services
Lead Global Specialty multichannel governance including
- Standard frameworks & guidance
- Best practice/learning sharing
- Investment prioritization in collaboration with GBTs
- Develop and manage strategic partnerships for Global MCM from assessment to pull through
- Partner with Specialty brand teams & BI to expand customer & market research insights and learning's using new multi-channel opportunities
- Partner with other teams across the organization to drive synergies and best practice sharing
- Specialty GMs, GBT Leads, Global Brand Marketeers
- Customer Excellence, MCM team, Learning team
- Global Public Affairs, Global Medical Affairs, Global HEOR
- BTS, Digital team, MABI
- Areas Leads
- Prioritized Affiliates Business Unit Managers and local Brand Teams
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in business or equivalent
- >10 years’ experience in pharma; Marketing/Brand & Sales Management
- Digital communication experience
- Ideally Area and/or several Affiliates exposure
- Strategic thinker and organizational skills, able to define well-structured execution plans
- Planning, organizing and managing multiple projects
- Strong implementation skills and experience
- Networking skills and effective communication that builds effective working relationships with a broad range of internal cross-functional stakeholders
- Good communication skills and the ability to inspire teams utilizing effective written and oral communication
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills in order to develop “executive – ready” communications on a frequent basis, and storytelling in writing strategic documents
- Knowledge of digital and CRM tools
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Stock Symbol: ABBV
Stock Exchange: NYSE
1 North Waukegan Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert