#Senior Environmental Testing Technician
- Lake County, Illinois
- Start date
- Mar 8, 2023
- Administration, Regulatory, Legal/Compliance, General
- Required Education
- High School or equivalent
- Position Type
- Full time
- BioMidwest, Best Places to Work
The Environmental Technician tests and repairs Clean Room Filtration, Bio Hoods, Clean Air Centers, Recirculation HEPA Filter Units and Chemical and Radiological Fume Hoods.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Performs advanced mechanical tasks and preventative maintenance (PM) procedures on all Environmental Systems Equipment (ESE), including decontamination of equipment and facilities throughout Abbott Lake County operations.
- Performs test and balance of clean room systems, terminal filters and labs.
- Work includes troubleshooting, ordering parts and installation of parts and material on equipment such as constant volume control boxes, fractional horsepower motors, variable frequency drives, unit c
- May install belts, gaskets, etc. on ESE equipment utilizing a variety of gauges, tools and test equipment including pressure gauges, leak detectors, torque wrenches, multimeters, ammeters, etc.
- Understands basic test and balance theories including relationships of total/static/velocity pressure, static losses in ductwork systems, static regain, fan laws, and effective ventilation
- Assists in ensuring that GMP and safe work policies and procedures are followed and maintained at all times in accordance with established company policies, and effectively communicates job status to customers.
- Orders material and parts from the stockroom and initiates work orders and various other forms that may be required.
- Must have knowledge in the use of flow hood, vel grid and pitot tube for test and balancing.
- Has the knowledge and experience to perform advanced troubleshooting and mechanical repairs on various devices including fans, valves, actuators, etc. Must be an expert in the use of mechanical hand tools and test equipment including multimeters, flow hoods, etc.
- Has knowledge relating to the installation of HVAC and ESE equipment and accessories according to AbbVie Engineering Standards.
- Must have a high school education or equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of increasing job knowledge and formal training and responsibility in the field of ESE system maintenance.
- Must possess good communication skills.
- Advanced understanding of HVAC theory and application to air handling systems in a commercial and/or industrial environment.
- Must know all CMMS functions that pertain to maintenance, PM and related activities.
- Must know how to use a full complement of mechanics hand tools, test equipment such as multimeters, flow hoods, photometers, aerosol generator, hot wire manometer, and various power tools, etc.
- Must possess an understanding of HVAC theory and applications, must have the ability to understand basic schematic drawings on mechanical parts, and will have the ability to perform basic trouble analysis and mechanical repairs and to help install ESE equipment/accessories.
- Dayshift Monday through Friday, 6:00 am – 2:30 pm.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Stock Symbol: ABBV
Stock Exchange: NYSE
1 North Waukegan Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert