Postdoc- Ramani Lab
- Gladstone Institutes
- San Francisco, CA
- Start date
- Mar 8, 2023
- Science/R&D, Research, Laboratory
- Required Education
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay
The Ramani Lab at the Gladstone Institute for Data Science & Biotechnology seeks to hire fully-funded postdoctoral fellows with interests in developing and applying novel methods to study gene regulation across the central dogma. The ideal candidate would have interest in one of several possible projects, including: 1) building on our recently published SAMOSA technique to address basic questions about cis regulatory element composition, trans-acting factor activities, and chromatin organization; 2) hybrid computational and molecular technology development projects linking the extended Myc network to mammalian development and cancer; 3) joint projects with collaborating labs to understand how chromatin structure, transcriptional regulation, and post-transcriptional processing pathways drive cancer metastasis; and 4) single-cell and single-molecule tool development on the PacBio and Nanopore sequencing platforms. Postdoctoral positions are funded by grants from the NIH 4D Nucleome Project, and the NIH Office of the Director.
Salary range (DOE):
$64,480 - $76,980
Applicants from a variety of backgrounds are welcome to apply, but experience with either dry lab computational genomics or wet lab molecular biology is required. Optimal candidates will be independent, motivated and value working in teams, with demonstrated success in project management and leadership. Successful candidates must have a PhD and/or MD in a related discipline. Interested applicants should e-mail a CV to email@example.com, along with contact information for three references.
- Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Gladstone is an equal opportunity employer.
Gladstone is an independent, nonprofit life science research organization located in the epicenter of biomedical and technological innovation in the San Francisco Bay Area. Gladstone has created a research model that disrupts how science is done, funds big ideas, and attracts the brightest minds. Gladstone Institutes leads the way for innovative research in the biomedical field. We always seek dedicated and talented individuals to join our team.
Scientists know that using a diversity of approaches is often the most efficient strategy for solving a problem. New and different perspectives engender the very innovation that Gladstone prizes. This is one of the many reasons why we value diversity at Gladstone—be that a diversity of race, culture, religion, mental or physical ability, heritage, age, gender, sexual orientation or other characteristics. Our employees hail from more than 30 countries around the globe and we seek to hire the best and brightest for our diverse team of scientists and administrators. Career opportunities are available in both our administrative offices and our research areas.
Gladstone offers eligible employees—and their dependents—a comprehensive range of benefits, including health insurance, retirement savings, and professional development.
- Health and Retirement
- A choice of medical plans, flexible spending account, and retirement account options that include employer contributions help you take care of your health and your future.
- Time Away from Work
- More than just vacation days, our paid and unpaid leave policies offer flexibility to help you confront different stages of life including maternity and paternity leave, as well as other types of family leave.
- Professional Development
- Gladstone encourages employees to seek the skills they need to remain at the forefront of their profession. By supporting professional development workshops and continuing education, Gladstone provides employees with the resources they need to evolve in their role and in their career.
- Gladstone Cares
- A specially selected suite of benefits to support you in and out of the workplace. Includes resources for dealing with the many stages of life to specific coverage for family planning, and back-up child or elder care coverage.
1650 Owens Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert