Scientific Project Manager- Shipman Lab
- Gladstone Institutes
- San Francisco, CA
- Start date
- Mar 8, 2023
- Science/R&D, Research, Laboratory
- Required Education
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay
The Shipman Lab at the Gladstone Institutes is seeking a Scientific Project Manager to join our team. We develop molecular biotechnology to overcome challenges in the understanding and treatment of human disease. The person in this position will manage the most translational projects in the lab that span the interface between academic science and industrial application, including project management focused on achieving milestones in genomic medicine.
This is an exciting opportunity to shepherd academic biotechnologies into applied medicine. Candidates should be comfortable with platform technologies, building and managing teams, and considering market opportunities. This senior scientist would have the opportunity to join a new company that spins out of the lab or remain with the lab over a longer period of time. Rigorous scientific standards and exacting organization are critical.
Considering applicants on an ongoing basis.
To apply, send a cover letter and CV.
PhD and 3+ years postdoc or professional experience
Expertise in molecular biotechnology and high-throughput experimentation, with demonstrated track record of success
Experience managing teams and budgets
Gladstone Perks & Benefits:
People: work with talented, committed, and supportive teammates within an organization that values each member of its community.
A meaningful place to grow and learn: whether it’s your professional skills or scientific knowledge, we have the resources and environment to advance either so you can better support Gladstone’s mission: to drive a new era of discovery in disease-oriented science and to mentor tomorrow’s leaders in an inspiring and diverse environment.
Healthy work/life balance: you are highly engaged and productive at work because you can have time to recharge and enjoy a vibrant life outside of work.
Compensation: competitive salary and vacation.
Excellent benefits: generous medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, and commuter benefits; access to free shuttle transportation.
$125,726 - $147,913
- Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Gladstone is an equal opportunity employer.
Gladstone is an independent, nonprofit life science research organization located in the epicenter of biomedical and technological innovation in the San Francisco Bay Area. Gladstone has created a research model that disrupts how science is done, funds big ideas, and attracts the brightest minds. Gladstone Institutes leads the way for innovative research in the biomedical field. We always seek dedicated and talented individuals to join our team.
Scientists know that using a diversity of approaches is often the most efficient strategy for solving a problem. New and different perspectives engender the very innovation that Gladstone prizes. This is one of the many reasons why we value diversity at Gladstone—be that a diversity of race, culture, religion, mental or physical ability, heritage, age, gender, sexual orientation or other characteristics. Our employees hail from more than 30 countries around the globe and we seek to hire the best and brightest for our diverse team of scientists and administrators. Career opportunities are available in both our administrative offices and our research areas.
Gladstone offers eligible employees—and their dependents—a comprehensive range of benefits, including health insurance, retirement savings, and professional development.
- Health and Retirement
- A choice of medical plans, flexible spending account, and retirement account options that include employer contributions help you take care of your health and your future.
- Time Away from Work
- More than just vacation days, our paid and unpaid leave policies offer flexibility to help you confront different stages of life including maternity and paternity leave, as well as other types of family leave.
- Professional Development
- Gladstone encourages employees to seek the skills they need to remain at the forefront of their profession. By supporting professional development workshops and continuing education, Gladstone provides employees with the resources they need to evolve in their role and in their career.
- Gladstone Cares
- A specially selected suite of benefits to support you in and out of the workplace. Includes resources for dealing with the many stages of life to specific coverage for family planning, and back-up child or elder care coverage.
1650 Owens Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert