Senior Instrumentation Technician
- Holly Springs, NC
- Start date
- Mar 8, 2023
- Manufacturing & Production, Manufacturing/Mechanical, Materials/Inventory Control
- Required Education
- High School or equivalent
- Position Type
- Full time
- Best Places to Work
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
Sr. Instrumentation Technician
What you will do
Does the thought of building an entirely new site from the ground up excite you? Do you love cultivating sustainable systems and high performing teams? If you have a passion for talent development and want to be a part of Amgens mission to serve patients every patient every time then check out this exciting new opportunity.
Amgen, one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies is investing $550 million to build a new multi-product drug substance biomanufacturing facility in Holly Springs, North Carolina, a biomanufacturing hub known for their life sciences industry. The new plant will combine two production formats, traditional stainless steel-fed batch and single use technology. This combination of capabilities is an approach that Amgen calls FleX Batch manufacturing, which makes the facility more dynamic and efficient, as well as requiring a smaller physical footprint than a traditional plant. Additionally, the plant will integrate innovations to advance digitalization and sustainability, aspiring to embed industry 4.0 capabilities and reduce energy consumption and waste generation to meet Amgens plan to be carbon neutral by 2027.
The investment will bring approximately 355 jobs comprised of highly skilled workers that will be built on a foundation that promotes diversity, inclusion and belonging. The site will include the manufacturing plant, warehouse, central utilities, and office space. Amgen is targeting 2024 for site completion.
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will provide technical expertise and guidance supporting the start-up of the plant and daily operations.During construction phase:
- The initial focus of this role for the majority of 2023 will be to work closely with the Capital Project Delivery team providing technical support associated with the start-up, commissioning, and qualification of the wide variety of equipment and systems used in Manufacturing, Laboratories, Utilities, and other areas at the site.
- Support the implementation of the Metrology program meeting all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and safety requirements, local/ global regulations, and Amgen Maintenance excellence standards.
- Support the development, writing and implementation of the Metrology program documentation including Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Change Control (CCMS), Non-Conformance (NC), Work Orders (WO), Job Plans (JP), Hazard Risk Assessments (HRA), Job Hazard Assessments (JHA), etc.
- Ensure safety of all staff during plant construction and start-up operations and metrology activities.
Post-Construction completion and continued operations. In this key role within the Facilities & Engineering team, under limited supervision, the Senior Instrument Technician is responsible for:
- Performing calibration, repair, installation, troubleshooting and documentation / logs of instruments used on process control systems and building systems.
- Completing quality and safety documentation and completing the work in a safe, compliant, and timely manner according to planning and predefined schedules with minimal impact to production while aligning with GMPs, SOPs and Amgen policies and regulations.
- Work in a highly productive and efficient manner to maximize the quantity of activities completed with focus on maintenance excellence.
- Ensure work is appropriately communicated to system operators and key stakeholders.
- Ensure work order documentation is completed accurately.
- Reviewing and technically approving maintenance reports, forms, plans and records.
- Identify waste, work-flow interrupters, and other opportunities for improvement, recommend solutions, and assist with implementation.
- Identify opportunities to learn new skills and actively participate in development that will improve overall team performance.
- Represent Maintenance team in discussions and meetings with peers and other site functions.
- Provide facility and manufacturing support as needed with on-call rotation - this may be outside of normal working hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The maintenance professional we seek is a dynamic candidate with these qualifications.
- Associates degree and 4 years of Maintenance experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 6 years of Maintenance experience
- 5+ years of combined education, training, and experience in mechanical maintenance with an emphasis on sanitary processing equipment and systems.
- 3+ years knowledge of pneumatic, mechanical, and hydraulic systems and ability to effectively perform associated maintenance activities.
- Knowledge and experience working in a highly regulated function cGMP.
- Experience executing and documenting maintenance work orders in a computerized maintenance management system.
- Ability to interpret P&ID's.
- Ability to work with minimum direction.
- Ability to effectively communicate issues and status of tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to interact constructively with peers/teams.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
The annual base salary range for this opportunity in the U.S. is provided below.
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancers, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We are all different, yet we have this in common: our mission to serve patients. This sense of shared purpose is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies. It guides us as we continue to launch new medicines and reach millions of patients worldwide.
We live the mission.
We win together.
We thrive on continual challenge.
Our team of 22,000+ scientists and professionals worldwide bring distinct perspectives and experiences to all we do. We leverage our global talent to achieve together—to research, manufacture and deliver ever-better products and greater depth to our mission.
At Amgen, there is a strong correlation between our high level of diversity and performance. Because addressing issues with a wider range of perspectives and approaches leads to more creative problem-solving. Together, we’re transforming the promise of science and biotechnology into therapies that have the power to restore health.
Connect with us to explore how you can Win, Live, and Thrive at Amgen.
One Amgen Center Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert