Experimental Postdoctoral Scholar - Theodoris Lab
- Gladstone Institutes
- San Francisco, CA
- Start date
- Mar 8, 2023
- Science/R&D, Research, Laboratory
- Required Education
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay
The laboratory of Christina Theodoris, MD, PhD, is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow with background in experimental genomics and gene regulatory networks to join her research program in the Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease and Gladstone Institute of Data Science and Biotechnology. Our lab is focused on leveraging cutting-edge experimental genomics and machine learning to map the gene networks driving cardiovascular disease and develop network-correcting therapies.
The successful applicant will have the unique opportunity to work in a highly collaborative environment with experimental and computational biologists, synergizing the strengths of both domains to advance discoveries in gene regulation, network inference, and cardiovascular development and disease. The postdoctoral fellow will develop their own research questions and have opportunities for methods development and advancement of computational skills. The postdoctoral fellow will also have opportunities for career development including writing grant applications and manuscripts and presenting their work at conferences. Overall, the fellow will join a highly collaborative team united in the common goal of impacting the lives of patients with cardiovascular disease.
PhD and/or MD with experience in experimental genomics such as single cell transcriptomics, chromatin accessibility, and/or multiomics technologies; genome occupancy techniques (e.g. ChIP-seq); and/or 3D chromatin conformation techniques
Bioinformatics experience including analysis of genomics datasets using Python, Bash, R, or equivalent would be beneficial
Experience with induced pluripotent stem cell-based model systems and/or cardiovascular-relevant cell culture/functional profiling would be beneficial
Required Application Materials:
Contact information for three references
Salary range (DOE):
$64,480 - $76,980
Gladstone is committed to improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in science, from trainees to faculty, and is an equal opportunity employer.
Application can be sent to:
$64,480 - $76,980
- Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Gladstone is an equal opportunity employer.
Gladstone is an independent, nonprofit life science research organization located in the epicenter of biomedical and technological innovation in the San Francisco Bay Area. Gladstone has created a research model that disrupts how science is done, funds big ideas, and attracts the brightest minds. Gladstone Institutes leads the way for innovative research in the biomedical field. We always seek dedicated and talented individuals to join our team.
Scientists know that using a diversity of approaches is often the most efficient strategy for solving a problem. New and different perspectives engender the very innovation that Gladstone prizes. This is one of the many reasons why we value diversity at Gladstone—be that a diversity of race, culture, religion, mental or physical ability, heritage, age, gender, sexual orientation or other characteristics. Our employees hail from more than 30 countries around the globe and we seek to hire the best and brightest for our diverse team of scientists and administrators. Career opportunities are available in both our administrative offices and our research areas.
Gladstone offers eligible employees—and their dependents—a comprehensive range of benefits, including health insurance, retirement savings, and professional development.
- Health and Retirement
- A choice of medical plans, flexible spending account, and retirement account options that include employer contributions help you take care of your health and your future.
- Time Away from Work
- More than just vacation days, our paid and unpaid leave policies offer flexibility to help you confront different stages of life including maternity and paternity leave, as well as other types of family leave.
- Professional Development
- Gladstone encourages employees to seek the skills they need to remain at the forefront of their profession. By supporting professional development workshops and continuing education, Gladstone provides employees with the resources they need to evolve in their role and in their career.
- Gladstone Cares
- A specially selected suite of benefits to support you in and out of the workplace. Includes resources for dealing with the many stages of life to specific coverage for family planning, and back-up child or elder care coverage.
1650 Owens Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert