Manager, Translational Bioinformatician
- Alumis Inc.
- South San Francisco, CA
- Start date
- Mar 7, 2023
- Information Technology, Bioinformatics, Science/R&D
- Required Education
- Masters Degree/MBA
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay
Alumis Inc is a precision medicines company with the mission to transform the lives of patients with autoimmune diseases. Even with treatment innovations of the last two decades, many patients with immunologic conditions continue to suffer - our goal is to fundamentally change the outcomes for these patients.
- The bioinformatician will be responsible for the acquisition and application of large scale multi-omic datasets to support novel autoimmune therapeutic discovery and clinical development.
- Interface with key Alumis collaborators and strategic partners in data science, genomics, and bioinformatics to apply cutting edge computational tools to advance Alumis’s pipeline.
- Brings an understanding of high dimensional analytical methods for applications of ‘omic data sets to advance Alumis’s precision medicine mission for autoimmune disease.
- Develop and execute on statistical analysis plans of genomic data (to include but not limited to transcriptomic, proteomic, and genetic data) for both internal and outsourced data science projects.
- Communicate effectively and transparently across a multidisciplinary matrixed environment (e.g. biologists, medical chemists, business development, other data scientists)
- Partner with clinical operations to implement genomics in Phase 1-3 interventional trials to assess drug target engagement and disease response.
- Partner with PK/PD and clinical pharmacology to leverage genomics to inform clinical dose selection
- Partner with Alumis’s IT data engineering teams and vendors to establish a cloud based genomic data analysis and results visualization platform.
- PhD in Bioinformatics, genomics, computational biology, or related discipline or Masters with 5+ years of biotech/pharmaceutical experience
- 3+ years of postdoctoral experience in leveraging ‘omics data for drug target discovery, validation, and clinical development, ideally in an industrial/pharmaceutical setting
- Deep understanding of the application of industry standard modeling techniques to transcriptomic and proteomic-based datasets.
- Significant experience in analyzing genomic biomarkers in clinical studies is a must
- Significant experience applying computational tools for the QC, processing, alignment, and analysis of raw NGS reads.
- Proficiency in at least one high level programming language (R/python/java)
- Experience building batch workflows and pipelines in cloud based systems such as AWS and DNAnexus (e.g. Nextlfow, WDL, AWSS batch)
- Experience interfacing, managing, and building data warehouses, data lakes and databases (e.g. SQL, Athena, BigQuery)
- We Elevate
- We Challenge
- We Nurture
The salary range for this position is $154,956 USD to $185,000 USD annually. This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on the Company’s compensation practices.
Alumis Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the primary series of an FDA-approved or authorized COVID -19 vaccine and at least one booster or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
Alumis Inc. is a precision medicines company with the mission to transform the lives of patients with autoimmune diseases. Our experienced leadership team brings a proven track record in precision drug development of groundbreaking therapies.
Even with treatment innovations of the last two decades, many patients with immunologic conditions continue to suffer.
With a unique precision analytics platform and an unwavering commitment to advancing our understanding of immunologic diseases, Alumis Inc. will rewrite the autoimmune treatment playbook by developing the right medicine for each patient.
611 Gateway Blvd
South San Francisco
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert