Intern- Cell Line Development
- Just - Evotec Biologics
- Seattle, WA
- Start date
- Mar 7, 2023
- Engineering, Chemical Engineer, Science/R&D, Bioengineering, Biology, Chemistry
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
Just is seeking a motivated and creative intern who desires a significant opportunity to improve worldwide access to biotherapeutics. This project will involve evaluating expression vectors containing an inducible green fluorescent protein (GFP) reporter gene as an early screening marker for cell lines expressing high levels of recombinant therapeutic proteins. This work will include culturing CHO cells, performing electroporations, using flow cytometry to analyze GFP expression, and running small-scale production assays to assess cell line productivity. The intern will work closely with the Cell Line Development team to generate stable pools expressing GFP and a mAb and analyze how GFP expression correlates to mAb titer. Our ideal candidate would have experience with aseptic technique and mammalian cell culture. Strong communication and analytical skills, attention to detail, and enthusiasm to learn and apply new scientific concepts are necessary for success in this internship.
- Work with a mentor to generate and evaluate multiple CHO cell lines
- Contribute as a team member to ongoing projects and shared responsibilities, including general laboratory upkeep and media support
- End of internship presentation to the scientific staff
- Currently working towards a B.S. in Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology or related field
- Familiarity with common lab techniques
- Excellent experimental design and analysis skills
- Experience with mammalian aseptic technique
- Experience with flow cytometry
Evotec (US) Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, age, disability, genetic information, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Just - Evotec Biologics, is a unique platform company that integrates the design, engineering, development, and manufacture of biologics. With deep experience in the fields of protein, process and manufacturing sciences, the Just team came together to solve the scientific and technical hurdles that block access to life-changing protein therapeutics; from the design of therapeutic molecules to the design of the manufacturing plants used to produce them. Our focus is to create access and value for a global market through scientific and technological innovation. Learn more at www.just.bio.
401 Terry Avenue North
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert