The Account Director is responsible for leading the agency account managers, project managers, traffic team, digital account/programming, and operations teams and partnering with creative management to provide the organization with best-in-class advertising and communications. This position provides cross-functional (both US and Global) vision, strategy and direction to ensure the agency is perceived as a valued partner by the brand teams. This position manages the agency workflow processes and systems that drive the quality execution critical to the success of the organization. The position leads a high-performing team of 6 full-time employees and 23 contractors.
- Partner with US and Global brand teams on key strategic initiatives including, but not limited to, product launches, campaign development and long-range planning.
- Build and maintain high performing functional teams to ensure staffing is in place to execute the brands’ strategic vision and tactical plans.
- Understand intimately the brands’ marketing strategies and objectives including knowledge of product, audience, competitive environment, market dynamics and legal/regulatory position.
- Lead ongoing workflow platform development resulting in high-quality, quick-to-market deliverables.
- Develop and exhibit account management best practices that continually elevate the team’s knowledge and execution.
- Partner with agency senior management to ensure creative and strategic alignment with business objectives and priorities across the organization.
- Create a work environment that encourages transparent and open communication, suggestions for improvements, work-life balance, positive reinforcement and kindness.
- Collaborate with peers outside of the agency on key initiatives that drive higher employee and team performance.
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science degree in Advertising, Business, Marketing or equivalent. Advanced degree is desirable.
- Must have at least 15-20 years of experience with an advertising agency in an account management role.
- Effective leadership skills with a proven ability to foster team productivity and cohesiveness.
- Demonstrated success in coaching/mentoring, people management and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
- In-depth knowledge of the agency creative workflow process from initiation through final production – both print and digital.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.