- BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc.
- San Rafael, California
- Start date
- Mar 7, 2023
- Administration, Information Technology, General
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay, Best Places to Work
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
This position may be extended beyond 6 months and that will be determined at a later date
- Calendar management for various Director’s and Executive Director’s – Scheduling meetings/rooms for meetings with multiple stakeholders across functions. Resolving calendar conflicts.
- Coordinating logistics for team staff meetings: Preparing the agenda by working with the Director to determine topics, communicating with presenters to confirm/remind them of their presentations. Sending out agenda to meeting participants. Minute taken might be needed on an ad hoc basis.
- Helping with coordination of logistics for department meetings – (food orders/location prep when applicable)
- Coordination of catering on-site for critical lunch meetings, when appropriate and approved by manager
- Coordinating travel for manager, including flight, hotel, car, and any other logistics
- Coordinating domestic and international travel for manager. Concur travel and expense experience is preferred this will entail preparing expense reports and travel planning.
- Coordinating, compiling, and editing various material upon request
- Resolving IT issues and ordering equipment upon request
- Maintaining department email distribution list when new employees join or employees move roles
- Assisting with miscellaneous administrative requests from team-members
- A proven ability to perform at an Administrative Assistant /Executive Coordinator level
- Quick learner and self-starter capabilities -- able to work proactively and independently on tasks
- Strong calendaring skills and catering/meeting planner capabilities
- Strong communication skills on all levels with internal leaders, employees, and outside vendors
- Responsiveness to deadlines, strong attention to detail, and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
- A high level of professionalism with strong influencing skills and ability to anticipate situations or issues that may arise in the near future
- Independent judgment and discretion with sensitive/confidential and proprietary information
- A can-do attitude, ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Ability to receive and act on “ad-hoc” requests
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- A team-oriented work style
- An openness to periodically responding to requests outside of normal business hours.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- A minimum of 3-5 years of administrative support to Director’s, Senior Director’s and VP’s and office administration
- Strong PC computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Concur expense reporting
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BioMarin is a global biotechnology company dedicated to transforming lives through genetic discovery. In 1997, the company was founded to make a big difference in small patient populations, focusing on giving much-needed attention to the underserved communities of those with rare diseases. BioMarin sought to help patients whose voices could not always be heard and treat conditions that were not always in mainstream medical conversations. Throughout its history, BioMarin has worked tirelessly to make a difference by pursuing bold science. The company’s first approved therapy was inspired by a father who refused to accept there was no therapy for his son’s rare diagnosis. That relentless pursuit to change the course of his son’s future through the power of science is at the core of who BioMarin is today.
Through the company’s expertise in genetics and molecular biology, BioMarin has developed eight first or best-in-class targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions it seeks to treat, helping to better the lives of those struggling with rare genetic disease. The company’s purposeful and scientifically precise team of physicians and scientists has honed each treatment modality to seek transformative therapies.
Now, BioMarin seeks to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled the last 25 plus years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Each drug candidate pursued is guided by a fundamental understanding of the genetics and underlying biology of the condition it will address. The company believes that applying its knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The more innovative solutions developed, the more lives BioMarin can impact.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert