Sr. Research Associate
- Attivare Therapeutics Inc
- 01760, Natick
- The salary would up to $100,000 annual salary and stock options
- Start date
- Mar 7, 2023
- Science/R&D, Bioanalytical Services, Bio-Assay Development, Biology, Cell Biology, Immunology, Infectious Disease, Oncology
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
The Sr. Research Associate will be responsible for executing scientific research in the laboratory specifically related to the development of vaccines and therapeutic products, in addition to maintenance of general laboratory functions. The Sr. Research Associate would work closely with the scientists on our in vivo team executing studies, developing disease models, collecting and processing tissues and tissues and analyzing the samples. The position would also include participating in mammalian cell culture, immunoassays and cell based assays to support development programs. This a great opportunity to play a significant role on small team developing cutting edge technology to cure cancer and infectious disease.
Additional Position Details & Requirements
- Support the in-vivo preclinical studies, including working with other scientists in developing animal models of disease.
- Responsible for daily technical operations and animal care, including blood-collection, dosing, health evaluation, and tissue collection.
- Culture cells for in vitro and in vivo studies
- Run cell culture-based assays.
- Conduct standard laboratory assays, such as ELISA, flow cytometry, and ELISPOT.
- Assist or perform sterile surgical procedure.
- Contribute to and actively participate in the conception, design, and execution of research to address defined problems.
- Assist in analyzing and interpreting the data.
- Assist in general lab management as needed – lab stock, chemical inventory.
- Reviewing and writing operating procedures and study protocols
- Being willing and excited to learn new procedures.
- Performs day-to-day experimental activities and utilizes safe laboratory protocols.
- Maintains lab in clean and high-functioning condition.
- Adheres to experimental protocols required for product development and lab services
The Position will also be responsible for:
- Remaining current on relevant scientific and industry techniques.
- Interfacing with outside associates on collaborative programs.
- Assisting the team with documenting and updating Standard Operating Procedures as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- A strong attention to detail GLP documentation Aseptic Technique Strong background in mammalian cell culture required.
- Familiarity with immunization protocols for studies in animal models desired.
- Mouse handling, mouse cardiac bleeds, mouse splenectomy, mouse spleen and lymph node processing experience is strongly preferred.
- Flow cytometry experience including sample preparation, flow cytometer set up and sample acquisition.
- Flow cytometry analysis using FlowJo software. ELISA, ELISpot, Proven capability to carry out and follow through basic research programs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert