The Technology Development group at Life Edit discovers new genome editing systems and establishes new editing capabilities and optimizes them to support efforts developing curative gene editing therapies and gene edited cell therapies. We are looking for an enthusiastic, competent, and self-motivated Senior Associate Scientist with a strong background in mammalian cell culture and genome editing to help expand our mammalian cell screening efforts.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Evaluate Life Edit gene editing systems in mammalian cells to identify optimal engineered systems for further therapeutic discovery and development
- Evaluate and troubleshoot protocols for the delivery of Life Edit gene editing systems to different primary cells and cell lines
- Analyze experimental data and present scientific results at team research meetings
- Senior Associate Scientist: Bachelor’s degree in Cell Biology, Biology, Molecular Biology, or a related field with 5+ years of experience or master’s degree (0 years experience) in academic or biopharmaceutical organization
- Expertise culturing, transfecting, and analyzing cell lines and primary cells
- Experience delivering genome editing systems to mammalian cells using multiple delivery methods including nucleofection, lipofection, and lipid nanoparticles
- Experience with modern molecular biology techniques including DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, qPCR, NGS, Flow cytometry and ELISAs
- Experience with laboratory automation and liquid handlers is a plus
- Experience maintaining and organizing ELN documentation
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaborate in a team-oriented environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Industry experience strongly preferred
Why join Life Edit Therapeutics?
Life Edit Therapeutics, an ElevateBio portfolio company, is a gene editing company on a mission to rewrite the future by curing disease, making any edit, anywhere. Life Edit has built a world-class genome editing platform with one of the world’s largest and most diverse collections of novel RNA-guided nucleases (RGNs) and base editors. The company’s next-generation editing systems will propel the development of novel human therapeutics by enabling ex vivo engineering for cell therapies and regenerative medicines and in vivo delivery of gene therapies.
Our Vision: To pave the way to faster, safer, gene editing therapeutics that cure disease and improve patient lives
Life Edit is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Life Edit will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.