Manager, Price Forecasting
- Massachusetts - Virtual, Massachusetts
- Start date
- Mar 7, 2023
- Administration, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Market Research/Customer Experience, Product Development/Management, Strategic Marketing, Market Access
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
About the role:
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company to inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Manager, Price Forecasting. At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to work towards their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and work toward excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Here you will be a necessary contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. You will be reporting to the Associate Director of Price Forecasting.How you will contribute:
- The Manager, Price Forecasting leads the creation and development of detailed analysis and forecast projections for all brands relating to pricing, rebates, and charge backs, which are incorporated into US BU P&L, directly affecting our overall financial performance. You will lead, collaborating, coordinating, and maintaining the financial planning processes (PLAN/MRP/LBE) with the following departments:
- Managed Markets
- Business Insights Strategy and Marketing Brand;
- Clearly communicate the necessary requirements for each business segment, developing financial models, consolidating the data to promote multiple views of the information, leading the preparation of PLAN/MRP/LBE presentations by distilling extremely complex pricing models and forecasts into concise story lines, and communicating them to Executive Leadership Team for review.
- Lead the development of discount profiles and net sales impact for on-market, pipeline, and business development products for the Commercial and Government contracted channels.
- This includes planning rebates, chargebacks, market share, sales, and profitability for PLAN/ MRP/LBE.
- Create analyses, forecasts, and scenario planning for PLAN/MRP/LBE, by distilling extremely complex pricing and forecasts models into concise story lines that assist executive leadership in developing a long-term vision or strategy.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams from Finance, Business Insights and Strategy, Marketing, Managed Markets and Sales to develop financial plan and forecast assumptions; providing a wide-range of detailed relevant scenario analyses, variance analyses, sensitivity analyses, and other insightful ad-hoc analyses.
- Lead monthly meetings with Finance to communicate new projects related to Commercial Contracting and Government Reporting; estimate and forecast the impact to rebate accruals and US BU P&L.
- Lead and identify process improvements within US BU overall financial planning process, always with a focus of adding value in a sustainable manner. Lead, manage pricing analysts by supporting US BU unique culture to attract talent. Assist pricing analysts in prioritizing projects; provide leadership, guidance, and support on their daily work. Develop an extensive training and skill-building environment that always solicits feedback from all applicable areas within TPUSA. Assist and support the functional leadership team with hiring and mentoring of new employees.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years of business experience.
- 5 + years of progressive experience in the following areas: Analytics, Marketing, Pricing, Contracting, Sales or Corporate and Financial Planning.
- Master's Degree in business administration or other related field.
- Pharmaceutical or healthcare industry.
Requires approximately 10-15% travel.
Willingness to travel to several meetings or client sites.
Some international travel may be requiredWhat Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and the best patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company to inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
You will be currently classified as "remote" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
Base Salary Range: $102,000 to $146,000, based on candidate professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for Short-term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off. The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.LocationsMassachusetts - VirtualWorker TypeEmployeeWorker Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Takeda is a global, values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical leader headquartered in Japan, committed to discover and deliver life-transforming treatments, guided by our commitment to patients, our people and the planet. Takeda focuses its R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas: Oncology, Rare Genetics and Hematology, Neuroscience, and Gastroenterology (GI). We also make targeted R&D investments in Plasma-Derived Therapies and Vaccines. We are focusing on developing highly innovative medicines that contribute to making a difference in people’s lives by advancing the frontier of new treatment options and leveraging our enhanced collaborative R&D engine and capabilities to create a robust, modality-diverse pipeline. Our employees are committed to improving quality of life for patients and to working with our partners in health care in approximately 80 countries and regions.
For more information, visit https://www.takeda.com.
Stock Symbol: TAK
650 East Kendall Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert