Counsel, Securities & Corporate Governance
- Omeros Corporation
- Seattle, WA
- Start date
- Mar 6, 2023
- Regulatory, Legal/Compliance
- Required Education
- Position Type
Counsel, Securities & Corporate Governance
Advises the Company’s executive management and directors on corporate governance and compliance with applicable securities laws; works across functions to prepare SEC filings and other disclosure materials; contributes as a key member of transactional teams in connection with equity and debt financing transactions as well as other corporate and commercial transactional matters; provides general legal support for corporate and commercial operations.
Good things are happening at Omeros!
Come join our Omeros Legal Team!
Who is Omeros?
Omeros is an innovative biopharmaceutical company committed to discovering, developing and commercializing small-molecule and protein therapeutics for large-market and orphan indications targeting inflammation, immunologic diseases (e.g., complement-mediated diseases) and cancers. Omeros’ lead MASP-2 inhibitor narsoplimab targets the lectin pathway of complement and is the subject of a biologics license application pending before FDA for the treatment of hematopoietic stem cell transplant-associated thrombotic microangiopathy. Narsoplimab is also in multiple late-stage clinical development programs focused on other complement-mediated disorders, including IgA nephropathy, atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome and COVID-19. OMS906, Omeros’ inhibitor of MASP-3, the key activator of the alternative pathway of complement, is in a Phase 1 clinical trial. For more information about Omeros and its programs, visit www.omeros.com.
What are your job responsibilities?
Takes a primary legal role in the preparation and filing of annual and quarterly reports, proxy statements and other disclosure documents under the 1933 and 1934 Acts and applicable Nasdaq and SEC rules
Assists in the negotiation and completion of public securities offerings, debt facilities and M&A transactions
Advises stakeholders regarding stock ownership and transaction reporting and manages the completion and filing of Section 16 filings; maintain and administer insider trading policies and assist in the administration of equity incentive plans
Assists in drafting and review of investor relations materials to ensure legal compliance
Prepares shareholder proxy materials and drives the planning and execution of annual shareholder meeting
Prepares corporate documents such as minutes, resolutions and certificates
Advises on matters of corporate governance and state corporation law
Coordinates legal matters handled by outside corporate and securities counsel
Applies experience in general corporate matters, including corporate organization, securities compliance, asset-backed financing, and general commercial contracts
Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- Relevant substantive legal experience (4 years +), including initial training at top tier law firm, additional experience within an in-house legal department in the biopharmaceutical field beneficial but not required
- Juris doctorate (JD Degree)
- Admitted to practice law in at least one state required, with admission in Washington State preferred
- Experience in the following areas:
- Advising clients regarding compliance with state and federal securities laws and NASDAQ regulations
- Advising clients regarding the Washington Business Corporation Act
- Advising clients regarding public securities offerings
- Advising clients regarding M&A transactions
- Advising clients regarding equity incentive compensation, plan administration and legal compliance
- Advising clients regarding corporate governance
- Negotiating and drafting a wide variety of contracts
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills both oral and written
- Superior writing skills and the ability to produce excellent written work across various contexts (e.g. contract drafts, SEC documents and investor relations materials)
- Polished skills in conflict resolution and problem solving
Behavioral Competencies Required:
- The ability to work well with management and peers and to function as an effective part of a team that has an entrepreneurial spirit
- The ability to analyze risk and legal issues, negotiate, and manage/measure work
- High integrity
Physical Demands Required:
- Intermittent physical activity including bending, reaching and/or pushing, pulling, or lifting up to 40 lbs.
- May encounter prolonged periods of sitting
- May work around hazardous material.
Compensation and Benefits
Omeros is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package designed to support the lives of our employees and their families. The wage scale for this position is $175,000 to $210,000 per year. Salaries will be determined based on knowledge, skills, education and experience relevant to the role. Employees are offered medical, dental, vision and life insurance and a 401k plan with a company match. Employees accrue three weeks of vacation and 80 hours of sick time on an annual basis and receive twelve paid holidays throughout the calendar year. This position is eligible for bonus and stock options. To learn more about Omeros, please visit www.omeros.com.
Omeros is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
It is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation to anyone with a disability who needs assistance completing the job application process. If you need assistance, you can either send an e-mail to email@example.com or contact Omeros, asking for Human Resources, at (206) 676-5000
At Omeros, we are proud of our innovative and cutting-edge science. Our world-class team has achieved scientific advances that no other group has been able to accomplish, delivering wholly new classes of therapeutics to benefit patients. We let science lead the way.
From our foundation of groundbreaking science, we continue to build and advance a deep and diverse pipeline of small-molecule and protein therapeutics. We are not interested in developing “me-too” products; instead, we are focused on tackling challenging diseases and disorders with significant unmet medical needs. The result is an exciting pipeline of first-in-class drugs with new mechanisms of action that target previously untapped receptors and enzymes.
The Omeros team is exceptionally talented, passionate, collaborative and diverse. We hire smart, creative and hard-working people who want to play a meaningful part in building a preeminent biopharmaceutical company. We come from all corners of the globe, bringing unique abilities and experiences together to provide hope to patients and their families.
201 Elliott Avenue West
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert