Senior Laboratory Associate, Bioreactor Process Design
- Just - Evotec Biologics
- Redmond, WA
- Start date
- Mar 6, 2023
- Engineering, Manufacturing & Production, Science/R&D, Laboratory
- Required Education
- Associate Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
Senior Laboratory Associate, Bioreactor Process Design
Just – Evotec Biologics’ Bioreactor Process Development group is seeking an enthusiastic and hardworking team member who is passionate about expanding worldwide access to biotherapeutics through the advancement of continuous bioprocessing technology and mammalian cell culture processes. This person will join a fast-paced, collaborative, and multidisciplinary team to support bioreactor process development (perfusion and intensified fed-batch) at the bench and pilot scale for the advancement of low-cost biotherapeutics manufacturing. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and efficient in completing hands-on laboratory tasks and will primarily support bioreactor cleaning and preparation, lab space organization, equipment cleaning and maintenance, and supply ordering and inventory tasks. The ability to perform basic tasks on a computer is required as well as a willingness to learn new software tools. Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English is required in addition to the ability to communicate effectively in person and over teleconference or web-based meetings. The ideal candidate is curious, creative, engaged, works well independently and collaboratively, and proactively looks for ways to improve processes and efficiency.
- Preparing and running bench-scale bioreactors and bioreactor-related equipment (controllers, pumps, autoclaves, etc.) including building and autoclaving bioreactor parts and assemblies as well as assisting with bench-scale bioreactor operations (daily sampling and analytics, equipment cleaning and maintenance, inoculation activities, run preparation, and troubleshooting).
- Acquiring knowledge in bioreactor control systems, software, and analytical equipment; maintaining and troubleshooting instruments while maintaining a clean and organized lab space.
- Independently executing procedures and protocols and, with some supervision, planning and coordinating support function logistics while contributing to scientific functional area project work.
- Autoclaving cell culture materials and assemblies as needed.
- Training and mentoring junior staff.
- Regularly inventorying lab supplies and assisting with ordering supplies.
- Working with vendors and manufacturers on ordering and troubleshooting supplies.
- Supporting other groups with solution preparation and lab maintenance activities as time allows.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Associate degree in a science related field with 2+ years working in a life science laboratory setting, Bachelors degree in a science related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Organizational skills including attention to detail.
- Motivated – both individually and as a team member.
- Experience with Microsoft Office or Google Drive Suite applications.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Experience cleaning and maintaining scientific laboratory equipment.
- Experience formulating cell culture media and common life science buffers.
- Experience scheduling and completing lab support activities.
- Experience with 6S/Lean or other methodology for efficiency.
- Experience training others.
About Just – Evotec Biologics
Just – Evotec Biologics, wholly-owned by Evotec SE, is a unique platform company that integrates the design, engineering, development, and manufacture of biologics. With deep experience in the fields of protein, process, and manufacturing sciences, the Just team came together to solve the scientific and technical hurdles that block access to life-changing protein therapeutics from the design of therapeutic molecules to the design of the manufacturing plants used to produce them. Just's focus is to create access and value for a global market through scientific and technological innovation. Our state-of-the-art labs and cGMP clinical manufacturing plant are co-located in Seattle's South Lake Union neighborhood - the center of Seattle's medical, global health, and technology industries and a noted top emerging life science hub in the U.S. Our fast-growing team of 300+ employees is expanding Just's innovative platform and footprint - building our first North American J.POD® commercial manufacturing facility in the Seattle area.For job opportunities, learn more athttps://just-evotecbiologics.com/careers/
The base pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be $31/hr to $34/hr; Base salary offered may vary depending on individual’s skills, experience and competitive market value. Additional total rewards include discretionary annual bonus, comprehensive benefits to include Medical, Dental and Vision and 401k company match, flexible paid time off and paid holiday, wellness and transportation benefits.
Evotec (US) Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, age, disability, genetic information, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Just - Evotec Biologics, is a unique platform company that integrates the design, engineering, development, and manufacture of biologics. With deep experience in the fields of protein, process and manufacturing sciences, the Just team came together to solve the scientific and technical hurdles that block access to life-changing protein therapeutics; from the design of therapeutic molecules to the design of the manufacturing plants used to produce them. Our focus is to create access and value for a global market through scientific and technological innovation. Learn more at www.just.bio.
401 Terry Avenue North
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert