Senior Global Compliance Auditor
- Lake County, Illinois
- Start date
- Mar 5, 2023
- Administration, Accounting, Regulatory, Legal/Compliance
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- BioMidwest, Best Places to Work
Senior Global Compliance Internal Auditor
AbbVie’s Global Internal Audit function plays a critical role in protecting and enhancing the organization’s value through risk-based assurance and advisory services to internal stakeholders, senior management, and our Audit Committee of the Board.
Internal Audit strives to be a critical function to evaluate company, industry and emerging risks, effectively partnering with the business, and consistently recruit and develop key talent for the wider organization. Our goals are carried-out through the talent of the audit team, while leveraging analytical and audit tools, supported by a dynamic and collaborative team culture. Our key pillars include:
- Execution: Our leading pilar is focused on executing our audits and services in accordance with Institute of Internal Audit (IIA) standards, AbbVie Code of Conduct, and other internal policies. We drive meaningful dialogue, analysis, and tools that allow us to partner with our stakeholders on key decisions, aimed at assessing and improving AbbVie’s control environment.
- Engagement: We take pride in how we engage with stakeholders and each other – respectfully, ethically, and with AbbVie’s success and our patients at the forefront of our work. We rely on and challenge each other, as peers, knowing that at the core of every successful team is trust, partnership, and respect.
- Development: The core success of our team is reliant on our talent. We focus on developing members of the audit team to execute audits/services, provide opportunities for training, and upskill other focus areas of each individual. We also continuously assess our culture to allow for an environment that cultivates and sustains an atmosphere of self and team development to allow auditors to move and contribute to the wider business after 2 years.
Tactically, the Senior Compliance Auditor is responsible for:
- Planning and executing audits of various processes/locations, both U.S. and international.
- Compile and analyze large sets of data from multiple sources (such as SAP, payroll and various compliance documentation databases).
- Partner with peers in creating a risk assessment analysis of a proposed audit of entities, processes or critical systems.
- Prepare and present audit findings to audit leadership and business stakeholders.
- Identify and communicate risk & control themes to various stakeholders.
- Assist with investigations as requested.
- Demonstrate a high degree of soft/presentation skills.
- Ability to ‘coach others’, and ‘be coached’ (by peers, management, and partners).
- Spending approximately 24 months in this role before advancing to other opportunities within the company.
The scope of compliance audits may include, but is not limited to, the following areas:
- Anti-Bribery / Anti-Corruption
- Promotional / Non-promotional practices
- Third Party Relationships
- Grants & Donations/Research Funding
- Monitoring & Transparency Reporting
- Patient Support Programs
- Contracting / Pricing
- Privacy Laws
- At least 3 years of experience with a major public accounting, consulting or law firm in a client-facing capacity
- Broad knowledge and experience in FCPA and/or the healthcare industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in from a four-year college or university
- 15 – 35% travel to AbbVie's international and U.S. locations required
- In office/face-to-face interaction at company’s head office and audit locations
- 3-5 years of experience with a major public accounting, consulting or law firm in a client-facing capacity. Specializing in audit-related engagements regarding healthcare compliance, government reimbursement mechanisms and/or pharmaceutical or hospital products and sales marketing programs
- Experience with analytical tools and techniques (e.g., SQL, PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik).
- CPA highly preferred or progress toward attaining CPA; (other certifications/degrees a plus: CIA, CFE, MBA, JD)
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Stock Symbol: ABBV
Stock Exchange: NYSE
1 North Waukegan Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert