Director, Procurement Business Partnering - Professional Services
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.Job Description
For over 30 years, Gilead has been a leading innovator in treating and preventing HIV, but this expertise is just a foundation for our ambitions. As we continue to expand our scope into new disease states and new markets, we are transforming how we manage Indirect Procurement. We are redesigning our processes with a focus on simplification and user experience. It's our aspiration to partner with stakeholders across our organization to ensure they can focus on innovating new treatments for our patients. We intend to do this by driving for results and value that have a meaningful impact, re-shaping our supplier strategies & relationships, and creating a diverse and inclusive culture where solution-oriented team players can thrive and grow exciting procurement careers. We are excited to begin our transformation journey by designing a new Procurement Operating Model and forward-looking technology and strategic roadmaps, ultimately re-shaping our approach to Procurement.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing key relationships and Procurement strategies for our Professional Services categories across our global portfolio of spend in partnership with key stakeholder groups; our Professional Services categories include strategies for the management of our Contingent Labor program and Consulting services. You will lead a team in the development and implementation of Procurement strategies that will result in value beyond savings across a broad group of stakeholders around the world.Foster City, CAResponsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with cross-functional leadership across Gilead to identify requirements aligned with Professional Service needs and business priorities. Successfully engage in strategic planning, budgeting and target setting to deliver meaningful business impact.
- Drive procurement impact and value through strategic initiatives and directly improve the Procurement experience for all cross-functional stakeholders and provide one voice to suppliers
- Act as a ‘strategic thought partner' to executives and senior leaders in the Business Unit while aligning on business objectives, challenges, projects and requirements.
- Establish and monitor key performance metrics, status on deliverables, Dashboards, Market Intelligence, and ensure visibility and adoption of preferred supplier programs.
- Provide progress status briefings to management, project teams, and executives, proactively highlighting issues with projects, timelines, etc., that require awareness or attention.
- Identify synergies across initiatives and vendor management responsibilities to drive sustainable solutions for the business.
- Provide category expertise to stakeholders regarding industry best practices surrounding both Consulting and Contingent Labor categories
- Drive development and communication cadence on strategies, ensuring alignment with senior leadership. Generate executive-level presentations.
- Create a compelling case for change and inspire stakeholders to collaborate and realize the value, innovation, and creativity Procurement brings to the business plan.
- Influence decision-making and gain adoption by leveraging compelling category and sourcing insights to contribute to business strategies.
- Head Category Management teams to implement key category strategies aligned with business needs, including partnering with Lighthouse Program Management to operationalize Procurement programs.
- Drive Value Creation: Identify specific cost improvement opportunities and present them to the leadership for prioritization, resourcing, and implementation; align with regional teams on the implementation plans and drive execution and adherence to the strategy.
- Collaborate with Category Management and Supplier Inclusion to integrate business diversity and responsible procurement into an overall value proposition.
- Foster a culture of inclusion, results orientation, and psychological safety to optimize team performance.
- 12+ years relevant work experience managing Professional Services categories plus a BS/BA or 10+ years relevant work experience plus a MA/MS or MBA in a corporate environment, preferably in the areas of DEI, procurement and supplier management, or corporate strategy.
- Experience spearheading Global Procurement transformation projects working directly with business partners to execute on defined scope, budget and transformation results.
- Experience and in-depth understanding of the Management Consulting landscape; established professional relationships with top suppliers within the industry is a plus
- Experience managing or having supported enterprise-wide Contingent Labor programs.
- Exceptional track record of applying procurement principles, concepts, best practices, and standards along with an in-depth knowledge of industry practices required.
- Experience working with and leading multiple projects and teams simultaneously across a matrixed organization.
- Strong interpersonal communication, cross-functional collaboration, and effective business partnering capabilities - Influence without authority mindset
- Exhibit high degree of ingenuity, creativity and innovativeness in problem solving for unique challenges and solutions
- 5+ years leading team members, managing employee development and performance
- Your organizational transformation and capability-building expertise has allowed you to meet and exceed business priorities and strategies.
- Meets Gilead's leadership commitments with demonstrated experience in applying these practices
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.