Lab Technician - Contract - San Diego, CA
- Prometheus Biosciences
- San Diego, California
- Start date
- Mar 4, 2023
- Science/R&D, Research, Laboratory
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Biotech Beach, Best Places to Work
Lab Technician - San Diego, CA
We’re a different kind of biotech company. And we’re here to make a difference.
Prometheus Biosciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: RXDX), is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering a precision medicine approach for the discovery, development and commercialization of novel therapeutic and companion diagnostic products for the treatment of immune-mediated diseases.
The Company’s precision medicine platform, Prometheus360™, combines proprietary machine learning-based analytical approaches with one of the world’s largest gastrointestinal bioinformatics databases to identify novel therapeutic targets and develop therapeutic candidates to engage those targets. Headquartered in San Diego, Prometheus Biosciences, Inc. was named Best Places to Work by Biospace, San Diego Business Journal and is a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company.
We seek a motivated, detail-oriented Lab Technician to support internal discovery efforts within Immunology. This individual will assist in biobanking and key lab operations such as isolating PBMCs, aliquoting samples, and performing genomic DNA extractions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- PBMC isolation from whole blood
- Routine lab maintenance
- Coordinate biobanking logistics and operations
- Lead biobank sample processing including isolation of genomic DNA from whole blood
- Aliquot and label gDNA and other sample types
- Ensure that biospecimen identifiers are captured appropriately in LIMS
- Facilitate transfer of biospecimens and maintain chain-of-custody
- Keep meticulous records and maintain ELN and LIMS workflows
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a biological science
- One or more years of hands-on lab experience in an academic, biotech, or biopharma lab
Skills and Abilities
- Strong basic lab skills
- Proficiency in data analysis using Excel and other database systems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with an eagerness to work with and support colleagues
The anticipated hourly rate for this position is $20.00 - $30.00/Hour. Individual pay is determined by job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Prometheus Biosciences is a biotech company pioneering a precision medicine approach for the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel therapeutic and companion diagnostic product candidates. While our initial focus was on IBD, we're now extending beyond gastrointestinal (GI) diseases to target other autoimmune diseases.
Prometheus360TM, our powerful precision medicine platform, combines proprietary technology with the world's most comprehensive collection of IBD patient data, to translate deep, complex data into precision therapeutic and diagnostic product candidates and continually identify new drug targets and unique disease biomarkers. We're headquartered in San Diego, CA.
- (858) 824-0895
3050 Science Park Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert