Director of Medicinal Chemistry
- New York, NY
- Start date
- Mar 4, 2023
- Science/R&D, Chemistry
- Required Education
- Position Type
- Full time
- Pharm Country
We are looking to hire a Director of Medicinal Chemistry to join us in our mission to discover and develop drugs that improve human health through the use of breakthrough computational methods. We are seeking outstanding individuals to join our drug discovery group and contribute to our rapidly expanding portfolio of drug discovery programs and collaborations.
Our drug discovery and early clinical development team includes a cross-functional group of scientists and drug developers with experience working on all common target classes and therapeutic areas. The group is supported by more than 100 software developers and engineers as well as a large-scale compute infrastructure to apply our proprietary physics-based drug design and optimization platform. Ten of the programs we’ve worked on have progressed into preclinical development with four currently in clinical trials and one approved by the FDA.
- Lead drug discovery programs in effective collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Implement and execute medicinal chemistry strategies to deliver high quality clinical candidates
- Collaborate effectively with computational chemists and modelers on application of the Schrödinger’s computational drug discovery platform to rapid advancement of drug discovery programs
- Contribute to strategic shaping of Schrödinger’s drug discovery portfolio
- Provide technical expertise to the Chemistry team and the Drug Discovery Group
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Ph.D. in synthetic organic or medicinal chemistry with 12+ years of drug discovery experience in a pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology setting
- Medicinal Chemistry expert with excellent understanding of biology, pharmacology, DMPK and ability to integrate these disciplines toward successful project progression
- Demonstrated strong track record in medicinal chemistry as evidenced by successful advancement of multiple drug discovery projects to clinical candidate nomination
- Great leadership skills and experience working in dynamic multidisciplinary environment
- Extensive experience using external CRO’s for project execution
- Experience in structure-based drug design
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience in API development and IND-enabling preclinical studies is highly desired
- Experience working in geographically distributed teams
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for the past three years running.
Estimated base salary range: $190,000 - $230,000. Actual compensation package is dependent on a number of factors, including, for example, experience, education, degrees held, market data, and business needs. If you have any questions regarding the compensation for this role, do not hesitate to reach out to a member of our Strategic Growth team.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.
Schrödinger is a leading provider of advanced molecular simulations and enterprise software solutions and services to accelerate and increase the efficiency of drug discovery for its clients, which include all major pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies worldwide, as well as leading materials science researchers. Schrödinger also establishes deep partnerships and collaborations with companies in such fields as biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, and electronics, and was a co-founder of leading biotech companies including Nimbus Therapeutics, Morphic Therapeutic, and others. Through significant long-term investments in basic research, Schrödinger has made scientific breakthroughs across many areas of drug discovery and materials science.
A great company is made up of great people, and Schrödinger is no exception. Whether you’re in Administration, Sales, Finance, Law, Engineering, IT, or Science, we are always on the lookout for exceptional candidates who can join us and make our team stronger. You will find Schrödinger to be a dynamic, energetic, and fast-paced place to work, where you get to interact with some of the smartest and hardest working people you’ll ever meet. If you’ve ever had a curiosity about science, and how science can improve people’s lives, then there’s no
better place to be than Schrödinger.
Stock Exchange: NASDAQ
Stock Symbol: SDGR
120 West 45th Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert