- Emergent BioSolutions
- Gaithersburg, MD
- Start date
- Mar 4, 2023
- Clinical, Medical Writing
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
We go where others won’t, taking on some of the biggest public health challenges to protect and enhance millions of lives, and create a better, more secure world. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect and enhance life.
The Global Communications & Public Affairs (GCPA) team is seeking a Senior Content & Communications Specialist to support storytelling and bring Emergent’s brand to life across many external and internal channels. This person will be responsible for conceptualizing, planning, and executing communications plans that support the GCPA team’s goals.
This role reports to the Content Director and operates with a high level of independence, manages relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, and requires broad experience in communications and content development.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Produce exceptional content and provides writing support for external and internal communications strategies, also influencing the strategy itself
• Develop creative multimedia content and compelling storytelling packages that reinforce Emergent’s brand, culture, products and strategy
• Connect with cross-functional business partners to build and maintain an external communications strategy
• Maintain communication with internal teams on the status of projects with responsibilities to ensure deadlines are being met
• Uses data and analytics to guide communications plans and strategies, identifying and deploying the tactics that make the biggest impact
• Work with communications team members to improve communications effectiveness, measurement, and processes
• Lead internal and virtual event planning and execution, with production support from external agency
• Serve as administrator for external communications channels: corporate website, blog, social media channels and others
• Source and manage freelancers and agencies to support creative projects as needed
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree with focus in communications, marketing, or a related field
• 3+ years professional experience in communications, marketing, or content development
• Understanding of branding and integrated marketing best practices to implement a cohesive vision across several projects.
• Demonstrated skills with writing and content development for a variety of communications media, platforms, and publications.
• Experience using social media and email-marketing tools.
• Background with metrics development, tracking, visualization, and reporting.
• Excellent verbal, written, and public speaking communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines across multiple projects.
• Background with Adobe Creative Cloud software.
• Background operating professional video and photo equipment, conducting photoshoots, and editing media.
• Prior Involvement with the planning and execution of in-person and virtual events.
• Familiar with web conferencing tools and platforms.
• Skilled at cultivating and managing relationships.
• Curiosity and dedication to be proficient with vast and complex subjects.
Per CDC guidelines, Emergent strongly recommends that all employees working on site are vaccinated to help ensure their safety, as well as the safety of fellow employees. This includes the use of good judgment when determining when the CDC guidelines advise that you stay home when ill.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.
Emergent BioSolutions is a global life sciences company whose mission is to protect and enhance life. Through our specialty products and contract development and manufacturing services, we are dedicated to providing solutions that address public health threats. Through social responsibility, we aim to build healthier and safer communities. We aspire to deliver peace of mind to our patients and customers so they can focus on what’s most important in their lives. In working together, we envision protecting or enhancing 1 billion lives by 2030. For more information visit www.emergentbiosolutions.com. Find us on LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter.
Stock Symbol: EBS
400 Professional Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert