Associate Director, Statistical Programming
- Kezar Life Sciences
- South San Francisco, California
- Start date
- Mar 4, 2023
- Information Technology, Bioinformatics
- Required Education
- Masters Degree/MBA
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay
The Associate Director, Statistical Programming will help to design, develop, and modify SAS programs to analyze and evaluate clinical data in accordance with statistical analysis plans, with supervision and/or mentoring. This role will report directly to the VP of Biostatistics.
Kezar is focused on small-molecule drug discovery and development to target immune-mediated diseases and cancer. Kezar’s lead product candidate, zetomipzomib, is being evaluated in clinical trials for the treatment of lupus nephritis and autoimmune hepatitis. Kezar is also conducting an oncology clinical trial of KZR-261, the first candidate from its novel platform targeting the protein secretion pathway. This research platform has the potential to generate additional small molecule compounds with therapeutic potential in cancer and inflammation.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Demonstrates ability to work with data from multiple platforms
- Develops, writes, documents, and tests statistical programs given the parameters and/or someone's sample code
- Delivers code that requires minimal review and cross-checking from a more senior individual and should use advanced programming methods, such as macros or reusable functions, advanced SQL, etc.
- Uses and adapts programs of others and document your own code
- Demonstrates basic ability to interpret bio-statistical, epidemiological, or general research results
- Demonstrates ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to other team members
- Provides review or revisions that may be necessary for outside communications
- Assist in the development of relevant procedures and processes to ensure that statistical programs are properly documented and validated according to generally recognized industry and regulatory standards
- Support the preparation of clinical study reports, regulatory submissions, and annual DSUR, IB update and safety reports
- Lead and perform required programming activities to support integrated summary of efficacy (ISE) and integrated summary of safety (ISS)
- Lead and perform ad hoc and post hoc analyses to support clinical study reports (CSRs), conference presentations, and publication
Not sure if you are qualified for this position? We know that skills and experience can show up in different ways and we welcome resumes from a broad range of applicants. You are encouraged to apply even if you do not meet each of the listed preferred qualifications.
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Master’s or post-graduate degree in Biostatistics, Statistics, Quantitative Sciences, Health Economics, Bioinformatics, Public Health, Epidemiology, or other relevant discipline, combined with 6+ years of experience that includes coding and developing analytical datasets and conducting statistical analysis
- Hands on experience with clinical trials and real-world studies in biotechnology, biopharmaceutical, CRO, or medical device industry
- Experience in performing statistical programming using SAS® for creating and testing analysis datasets, tables, listings, and figures for Phase I-IV clinical trials
- Good knowledge and understanding of SAS® programming concepts and skills
- Demonstrated proactivity and strong attention to detail
- In-house expert and thorough understanding of and hands-on experience with CDISC (SDTM/ADaM) standards, specifications, documentation, QC and validation
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position at our South San Francisco, CA corporate office is $185,000-$195,000. Factors such as academic credentials and relevant experience will influence the actual salary offered. In addition to a competitive market-based salary, Kezar Life Sciences offers the opportunity to participate in stock programs, a performance-based bonus, and a comprehensive benefits package including 401K. Additional information about our total rewards program can be found here: Join Our Team - Kezar Life Sciences Inc.
About Kezar Life Sciences
We are developing first-in-class, small molecule therapies designed to inhibit multiple disease-driving cellular pathways by targeting key intracellular proteins. Since inception, our mission has been to deliver unique treatments that can better the lives of patients fighting difficult-to-treat chronic diseases. Our team is passionate about discovering promising targets that were previously unidentified or undruggable and have the potential to change the treatment paradigm for a range of conditions.
Here at Kezar, our employees are our greatest asset and are the drivers of the Company’s success. Every day, our team of passionate professionals are converting scientific ideas to first-in-class assets that have the potential for significant clinical impact in the most difficult-to-treat diseases. Together, we are focused on the common mission of helping patients overcome their chronic conditions and live a better life.
We believe in fostering a culture of trust and respect for all team members at all levels. Our employees are encouraged to question, exchange views and discover new ways to address issues and solve problems. We welcome differences in ideas, styles and practices to accomplish our goals. Hard working, innovative and compassionate are qualities every Kezar employee should possess and we’re always looking for equally dynamic and motivated individuals to join our team.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Kezar Life Sciences does not accept from recruiters/agencies any unsolicited resumes, or any candidate information including blinded resumes and will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes or candidate information that is unsolicited. Please do not contact hiring managers or Kezar Life Sciences employees directly with any information related to a resume or a candidate. We handle all recruiting through our internal Human Resources team, and we will reach out to you directly should we wish to engage in a search. Your willingness to comply with this will significantly impact any decision we may make about doing business with you.
4000 Shoreline Ct
South San Francisco
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert