ATRF Service Worker Assistant Supervisor
- Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research
- Frederick, MD
- Start date
- Mar 3, 2023
- Engineering, Field Engineer
- Required Education
- High School or equivalent
- Position Type
- Full time
ATRF Service Worker Assistant Supervisor
Job ID: req3386
Employee Type: exempt full-time
Division: Facilities, Maintenance & Engineering
Facility: Frederick: ATRF
Location: 8560 Progress Dr, Frederick, MD 21701 USA
The Frederick National Laboratory is a Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and operated by Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. The lab addresses some of the most urgent and intractable problems in the biomedical sciences in cancer and AIDS, drug development and first-in-human clinical trials, applications of nanotechnology in medicine, and rapid response to emerging threats of infectious diseases.
Accountability, Compassion, Collaboration, Dedication, Integrity and Versatility; it's the FNL way.
The Facilities Maintenance and Engineering
(FME) mission is to support the NCI at Frederick in their mission to cure
cancer and AIDS. FME is responsible for the physical campus - its research
laboratory space, administrative space, the infrastructure that supports the
buildings, and the landscape that surrounds them. In addition, we are
responsible for managing, planning, designing, and construction management of
renovations at the FNLCR.
The ATRF Service Worker Assistant Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of the Custodial staff and monitor the day-to-day activities make recommendations and adjust staffing duties to maintain the facility in keeping with the service level agreement. The assistant supervisor will work in conjunction with the Supervisor of Custodial Operations, customers, and team members to schedule, assign, and assess custodial coverages daily. Assist in coordination of activities for the execution of planned and unscheduled emergency and special event activities, maintenance, and projects with other FME staff. Ensure all tasks are safety performed with awareness and conformance to safety policies and procedures.
- Participate in Annual Reviews by collaborating with Custodial Supervisor on team member performance.
- Provide after hour support when needed.
- Manage supply orders requested by staff.
- Performs all related duties as required to keep the facility cleaned to the green seal standard.
- Manage the operation in the absence of the Supervisor of Custodial Operations.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years experience in custodial/cleaning experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook.
- Strong ability to adapt to staffing adversities.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to supervise and motivate staff and coordinate daily maintenance functions.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Facility custodial operations.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with motorized industrial floor cleaning machines.
- Knowledge of or experience with OSHA standards and contemporary safety practices.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience in a supervisory capacity, including employee development, and disciplinary actions.
- Experience with requirements for cleaning of CGMP Facilities.
- Experience with the development and updating of policies and procedures.
- Experience with computerized maintenance management systems (especially, Maximo).
- Ability to provide support by telephone and in person for after-hours activities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities with attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written.
- This position is subject to working in or have the potential to exposure to high noise levels for extended periods of time requiring medical clearance.
- This position is subject to the environmental conditions such as working outdoors, high humidity areas indoors, dampness and chilling, dry atmospheric conditions, etc. as part of the job.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) | Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) | Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
A rewarding career with global impact
Whether you’re an expert in your field or just starting out, we have a career opportunity for you. We’re always looking for people to join us in fulfilling the mission of the Frederick National Laboratory: discovery, innovation, and success in the biomedical sciences.
Our team of 2,400+ scientists, technicians, administrators, and support staff work at the forefront of basic, translational, and preclinical science, with a focus on cancer, AIDS, and other infectious diseases.
We collaborate with colleagues across the National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, and others throughout the National Institutes of Health. We also engage with extramural investigators in academia, government and industry.
Your path to joining our team begins with the desire to work for the only national laboratory dedicated to biomedical research. Our employees share a common desire to help make a difference in cancer research and public health concerns. As you search for a career that fits your education, skills, and abilities, explore the core values that guide us and emphasize work-life balance.
Discover why joining the Frederick National Laboratory team could be the most important career step you take
8560 Progress Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert