The Data Scientist, Process Analytics is a 6 month contract position. This role will work within the Cell Therapy Process Development (CTPD) team of Precision BioSciences. This individual will lead the development of software to create, manage, and maintain a unified dataset, as well as establish data visualization tools, for the CTPD team to capture process data and related analytical readings from in-process and final drug product testing. The ideal candidate would have a baseline understanding of the CMC side of drug development to better understand user needs and logically organize the team’s data. This position is office-based with the potential for hybrid work.
**Please note, Precision BioSciences mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. This list contains the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform role-related duties other than those contained in this document.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Lead the development of laboratory data systems to gather data from various sources and consolidating them into a unified dataset
- Generating data visualization/dashboard tools based on discussion with end users
- Work with CTPD team members to establish user requirements, needs, and specifications in order to convert them to technical solutions
- Design, build, configure, and program a master database, and associated reports, forms, and interfaces
- Work with external vendors, as needed, to develop and implement data system solutions
- Support the end-user testing of various automated processes and reports against end-user requirements to ensure that these systems function as intended
- Provide day-to-day end-user support for data systems issues
- Draft, review and approve standard operating procedures (SOPs) related to data systems
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S/B.A.) in computer science or related field and 2+ years of related industrial experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working with teams to understand data system architecture and visualization requirements and develop appropriate tools
- Experience defining new database schema for client teams
- Deep knowledge of various programming languages, data architecture and/or algorithms including:
- Extensive experience with R or Python
- Proficiency with SQL
- Experience developing code that ingests and manipulates textual data from various formats (csv, xml, json, etc.)
- Development of data visualizations/dashboards using Tableau or similar program
- Experience working with data from various sources and types, including ETL mapping to integrate data from varied systems
- Experience developing and managing pharma/biotech data systems, or other highly regulated industry
- Experience with LIMS integration
- Experience manipulating and analyzing large, high dimensional, structured, and unstructured datasets
- Familiarity with immunology and T cell biology
- Experience with statistical analysis (JMP, SAS/STAT software or equivalent)
- Understanding of drug product manufacturing and/or analytical testing
· Minimal travel is required for this position.
· This is an office-based position located at the main headquarters in downtown Durham, NC, with the potential for hybrid, remote work.
Precision BioSciences’ mission and vision is to translate the world’s most powerful genome editing technology into greatly needed products throughout the life sciences, by being the conduit through which the greatest genome engineering challenges are solved. Precision’s wholly proprietary ARCUS genome editing platform enables the production of highly specific nucleases that can insert, remove, and modify DNA at essentially any location in a complex genome. Through our ARCUS platform, we are developing genome editing-based products to address critical needs in oncology, genetic disease, agriculture, and beyond. For additional information, please visit www.precisionbiosciences.com
Precision BioSciences provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Precision BioSciences complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.