Quality Intern - ONSITE
- Hayward, CA
- Start date
- Mar 3, 2023
- Quality, Quality Control
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay
Who We Are
RefleXion transforms radiopharmaceuticals from diagnosing cancer to actively controlling delivery of external-beam radiotherapy by leveraging individual tumor biology. Designated an FDA Breakthrough Device, RefleXion’s SCINTIX™ biology-guided radiotherapy automates targeting and motion management to overcome long-standing barriers preventing definitive radiotherapy for metastatic disease. In strategic collaborations with radiopharmaceutical companies, RefleXion is co-developing and co-commercializing disease-specific radiotracers for difficult to treat late-stage cancers.
Find out more about RefleXion and SCINTIX therapy at reflexion.com.
Stay up to date with RefleXion by following our channels here:
LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube.
About This Role
The Quality Intern will support the Quality Systems, Quality Engineering, Design Quality Assurance, Supplier Quality Engineering, and Software Quality by completion of projects and routine work. Primary projects will include developing processes for new supplier onboarding (Supplier NPI process), streamlining existing processes, and working with manufacturing & NPI engineering to define a pilot build process.
The ideal candidate would be a self-starter, organized and have a strong desire to drive projects and tasks to completion. The candidate will work cross-functionally across Quality, R&D Engineering, and NPI/Manufacturing Operations to complete tasks on-time and with a high level of detail.
This internship will be for 4 months (17 weeks) with an anticipated start month of May 2023.
What You Will Be Doing
- Completion of 1 or 2 intern projects which may include:
- Support the implementation of supplier NPI process by collaborating cross-functionally to development the NPI process and creating a SOP/WI. Utilize strong data-skills to resolve potential issues along the way including resolving database mismatches, generate reports, and support integrating PLM and ERP systems.
- Organize, streamline, and/or automate various QA activities including supplier onboarding, employee onboarding, and quality inspection processes.
- Utilize strong data and analytical skills to create various automated dashboards within Tableau, Excel, or other data tools.
- Interns will gain experience with process development in compliance with a 21 CFR 820 compliant QMS, and develop strong hands on data skills within excel (or Tableau)
- Support Quality Engineering with creation of Quality Inspection Plans.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
Where You Will Do This Job
- Hybrid - This position will allow the successful candidate to work on a Hybrid work location schedule. They must be based in the greater SF Bay Area and must be able to commute into the RefleXion office in Hayward 1-4 days a week, depending on the role.
What We Need
- Currently in process of obtaining a M.S. or B.S. in Engineering, or similar/equivalent; or recent graduate.
- In-progress Dec 2023 or Spring 2024 graduates, or recent graduate preferred.
- 0-1 years of experience in medical device industry required.
- Previous intern experience with medical device company preferred.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills to develop and manage good working relationships with internal departments (Quality, R&D Engineering, Supply Chain, NPI, and Operations).
- Self-driven with excellent verbal and written communication.
What You Will Love About Working with Us!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven team in a pre-IPO start-up environment
- Flexible work location and schedule – hybrid work environment for many positions
- Competitive compensation and Pre–IPO stock option packages
- Medical (both HMO and PPO options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 Weeks/Year PTO Accrual rate to start and 12 Paid Company Holidays
- Employer paid Life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- RefleXion Benefit Hub –Company exclusive discounts and deals on a variety of sites and items
- Weekly catered on-site lunches as well as kitchens filled with a variety of healthy and delicious food and drinks – including an espresso machine and panini stations!
- Employee Events – Variety of Workshops, Lunch ‘n Learns, Financial Wellness education, Regular “Coffee Chats” with Executive Leadership, Scavenger Hunts, Company Milestone celebrations and more!
- Electric car charging stations on site
The pay range for this role is $25.00-$32.00. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor. The total compensation package for this position may also include bonus, stock, benefits and/or other applicable variable compensation.
Values and Diversity
RefleXion is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability/medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
RefleXion is a privately held therapeutic oncology company located in Hayward, Calif., transforming radiopharmaceuticals from diagnosing cancer to actively controlling delivery of external-beam radiotherapy by leveraging individual tumor biology. Designated an FDA Breakthrough Device, RefleXion’s SCINTIX™ biology-guided radiotherapy automates targeting and motion management to overcome long-standing barriers preventing definitive radiotherapy for metastatic disease. In strategic collaborations with radiopharmaceutical companies, RefleXion is co-developing and co-commercializing disease-specific radiopharmaceuticals for difficult to treat late-stage cancers. RefleXion’s vision is to extend the established safety, efficacy and cost-effectiveness of external-beam radiotherapy to patients with solid tumor malignancies of any stage.
25841 Industrial Blvd
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert