Associate DevOps Engineer
- Lake County, Illinois
- Start date
- Mar 3, 2023
- Engineering, Software Engineer, Information Technology, Software Development
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- BioMidwest, Best Places to Work
Implement and support DevOps technology solutions that deliver business value in a timely manner, under the direction of a more senior leader. Evaluate the applicability and viability of DevOps technologies from the framework of effectiveness and fit within the enterprise portfolio, Support infrastructure lab through support of PoCs and daily maintenance/administration. Demonstrate technical expertise and possess a good understanding of software development and infrastructure. Become an expert in DevOps tools, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and event driven architecture.
- Follow established technical protocols and assess results with supervision. Perform routine tasks competently. Effectively organize work.
- Troubleshoot algorithms, protocols, and software programs.
- Learn, understand, and promote new and existing DevOps methods and technologies.
- Learn, understand, and promote Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud functions and capabilities.
- Proactively consult literature and publicly available information to understand purpose of assignments and to effectively implement solutions.
- Produces and maintains required technical documentation associated with work product.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Previous internship or related experience required
- Proven track record of teamwork, adaptability, innovation, initiative, and integrity
- Theoretical and practical knowledge to carry out job functions
- Excellent communication skills
- Strongly preferred with Amazon Web Services products
- Have an understanding of event driven architecture and programming
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Stock Symbol: ABBV
Stock Exchange: NYSE
1 North Waukegan Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert