Who We Are
BioMarin leads the biotechnology industry in delivering therapies for chronic and degenerative genetic conditions that reduce patients' quality of life and shorten life spans. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. BioMarin focuses on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind and make a big difference in improving patients' lives.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join our global brand management team to lead global commercial strategy to shorten diagnostic odyssey for patients and families with rare diseases.
Our Commercial organization leads our global sales and marketing strategies around the world. Our integrated team continues to solidify BioMarin’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Global Product Strategy team and embed digital strategy into BioMarin brands. With a goal of strengthening our global brands and capabilities, this role is key to ensuring a holistic approach to customer engagement. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of digital strategy and channels that will help brands engage our customers and have a strong sense of how to translate marketing content strategy into digital strategy and planning within Global Product Strategy.
The Global Digital Marketing Associate Director will support our brands ROCTAVIAN and PALYNZIQ, with a primary focus on growing awareness of the disease and treatment options through scalable online/web marketing and paid media programs. This Associate Director will partner with our integrated brand team and key markets closely to enhance marketing impact to drive revenue growth. This role will partner with marketing to turn our brand content strategies into multichannel customer engagement strategies grounded in understanding of customer journeys and archetypes. They will be responsible for driving the strategy for website and online strategy, paid media channels, digital campaign performance, SEO, and digital conversion success.
The Associate Director, Global Digital Marketing will report to the VP, Digital Marketing and Transformation, and will actively partner with the omnichannel operations team and analytics team to turn insights into action. Influence, alignment and collaboration across functions and regions are critical to be successful in this role.
- Create and evolve global digital strategy Marketing Plans for ROCTAVIAN and PALYNZIQ, including roadmaps for strategic markets
- Deep understanding of multichannel and omnichannel marketing tactics and digital channels, including but not limited to email, websites, webinars/webcasts, digital media programs, paid search, SEO, social media, mobile apps, digital sales aids and measurement/insight generation
- Subject matter expert for internal stakeholders/our agency and the point of contact for cross-functional disciplines (Website ecosystems, PPC, SEO, email, Third-Party vendors, digital strategy, analytics, etc.).
- Ensure analytics are set up early with Omnichannel Operations and channel vendors supply meaningful timely reports
- Vendor analysis to include evaluation based on reach, target specialty, country, cost per guarantee / engagement, and prospective Return on investment (ROI)
- Multichannel campaign performance analysis, including ROI per call to action (CTA) / desired action, regular tracking and reporting of the multichannel campaign’s effectiveness
- Create presentations on performance of digital campaigns / channels for communication to upper management
- Provide post-channel engagement analysis and provide actions for improvement for next campaign
- Maintain Global BioMarin multichannel digital standards (websites, SEO, PPC, email and multichannel vendor management) ensuring consistency and efficiency between Marketing, Regional Digital Marketing and Omnichannel Operations
- Accountable for the digital marketing plan and partnership with Omnichannel Operations to support execution
- Ability to navigate and partner with numerous teams at the global, regional, local level on the brand side as well as operations/analytics/cross functional partners
- Responsible for developing and owning a roadmap for ROCTAVIAN and PALYNZIQ “plan on a page”
- Work with Marketing teams to align offline assets with digital activities to track impact and performance.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to assess business results of marketing tactics, define appropriate metrics / KPIs, and maximize value of marketing investment
- Experience managing and driving accountability with multiple agencies of record to develop and execute marketing tactics
- Strong sense of accountability and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic environment, flexible and adaptable to a changing environment
- Ability to manage multiple demands and priorities on time, gain alignment and drive decision making
- Self-starter who demonstrates energy and enthusiasm, bringing a positive solution-oriented approach to challenges.
- BA/BS in Business or Life Sciences (MBA preferred)
- Minimum 7-10 years of multichannel/omnichannel marketing strategy, campaign planning, and campaign execution experience
- Pharma/biotech experience strongly preferred
- Experience working with Google Analytics, Google Ad Manager, and other digital analytics platforms
- Proven track record developing and executing omnichannel marketing campaigns to achieve superior results, demonstrating data-driven strategic thinking, experimentation, customer orientation, and operational excellence
- Experience in working directly with digital partners to develop and execute initiatives (eg, Google, third-party media providers, social media community platforms)
- A passion for improving patient and business outcomes and a team player who can influence without authority
- Ability to travel 10% of time (domestic and international).
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.