Senior Research Associate II
- San Diego, CA
- Start date
- Mar 3, 2023
- Regulatory, Research/Documentation, Science/R&D, Research
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Best Places to Work
At Takeda, we are a forward-looking, world-class R&D organization that unlocks innovation and delivers transformative therapies to patients. By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, we push the boundaries of what is possible in order to bring life-changing therapies to patients worldwide.
TAK-279 is a potential best-in-class, oral allosteric tyrosine kinase 2 (TYK2) inhibitor currently in development for the treatment of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. Takeda will evaluate TAK-279 in additional immune-mediated diseases including systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD).
Join Takeda as a Senior Research Associate II where you will independently develop animal study protocols and execute in vivo pharmacology studies including pharmacodynamic (PD), mode of action (MoA), and efficacy studies with a specific focus on inhibition of TYK2/JAK-STAT pathway. You will also independently design and execute in vivo studies in-house and at CRO for a variety of in vivo animal disease models including colitis, lupus, and arthritis in rodents. As part of the GI Inflammatory Disease Research team, you will report to the Senior Scientist, and work with the Gastroenterology Drug Discovery Unit (GI DDU) organization.How you will contribute:
- Work closely with senior in vivo pharmacology scientists and independently design and execute in vivo studies within a project scope, exercising judgment to evaluate a variety of technical factors and obtain optimum solutions.
- Independently design and execute well-defined experimental procedures in a variety of in vivo animal models e.g., PD, MoA, and disease efficacy and ex vivo analysis of animal cells and tissues.
- Work with flow cytometry, in vitro pharmacology, histopathology, and bioinformatics team to evaluate cell and molecular action of TYK2 inhibition.
- Provide study group with technical guidance and problem resolution related to methods, models, and processes.
- Exercise technical judgment in the execution of specialized procedures and interpretation of complex in vivo results, initiate problem investigation, and recommend solutions.
- Explore and adopt novel technologies for animal model studies.
- Perform calculations and basic analysis on experimental results and develop hypotheses.
- Maintain responsibility for routine laboratory instrumentation and supplies for in vivo studies and work with Comparative Medicine to ensure animal welfare and follow animal study guidance (IACUC).
- Maintain detailed laboratory records and contribute to the drafting of study reports.
- Identify, plan, and execute novel scientific projects and may manage the work of junior technicians in a direct or matrixed structure.
- Independently manage workload and expectations, according to project goals.
- BS with 4+ years of research experience, or MS with 2+ years of research experience; in a scientific discipline of cell biology, Immunology, or equivalent; with previous industry experience strongly recommended.
- Demonstrate significant knowledge of basic Immunology and in vivo pharmacology.
- Contribute to the improvement of animal study design, study protocols, and in vivo execution techniques.
- Collaborate with colleagues effectively.
- Knowledge in the use of common analytic software including Microsoft Office programs, GraphPad Prizm, etc.
- With latitude in specific areas, plan and execute experiments with appropriate controls; decisions have moderate to advance the scope and impact technical operations or project deadlines.
- Experience in animal studies, obedience to IACUC, and animal welfare regulations.
- Previous experience in vivo studies (e.g.colitis, lupus, arthritis) in rodents is required.
- Demonstrate significant knowledge of basic Immunology and in vivo pharmacology principles and techniques and undertake studies independently.
- Previous experience with ex vivo analysis of primary cells from rodents is required.
- Understand specific scientific mechanisms of why a procedure works.
- Keep an accurate, comprehensible, concise notebook in accordance with company policy.
- Occasional weekend work may be required.
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and a company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best-in-class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This position is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
Base Salary Range: $79.800.00 to $114,000.00, based on the candidate's professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for Short-term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program, and Paid Volunteer Time Off. The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.LocationsSan Diego, CAWorker TypeEmployeeWorker Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Takeda is a global, values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical leader headquartered in Japan, committed to discover and deliver life-transforming treatments, guided by our commitment to patients, our people and the planet. Takeda focuses its R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas: Oncology, Rare Genetics and Hematology, Neuroscience, and Gastroenterology (GI). We also make targeted R&D investments in Plasma-Derived Therapies and Vaccines. We are focusing on developing highly innovative medicines that contribute to making a difference in people’s lives by advancing the frontier of new treatment options and leveraging our enhanced collaborative R&D engine and capabilities to create a robust, modality-diverse pipeline. Our employees are committed to improving quality of life for patients and to working with our partners in health care in approximately 80 countries and regions.
For more information, visit https://www.takeda.com.
Stock Symbol: TAK
650 East Kendall Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert