Associate Director, Global Learning Strategy & Operations Lead
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Start date
- Mar 3, 2023
- Marketing, Manufacturing & Production, Operations
- Required Education
- High School or equivalent
- Position Type
- Full time
- Genetown, Best Places to Work
At Takeda, we are a forward-looking, world-class R&D organization that unlocks innovation and delivers transformative therapies to patients. By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, we push the boundaries of what is possible in order to bring life-changing therapies to patients worldwide.
Join Takeda as an Associate Director, Global Learning Strategy & Operations Lead where you will own responsibilities within Learning Strategy & Operations including predicting and planning solutions to achieve successful operational execution; driving the team to achieve clarity on issues and focus on effective contingencies; interfacing with functional and cross-functional partners and influencing decision-making on projects. Proactively contributing to the overall operational strategy and planning decisions within Medical Excellence & Scientific Training (MEST) in order to deliver value to the business.
You will also partner with MEST team members to develop training plans, manage project priorities, identify resource needs; lead key strategic planning activities; report program progress; oversee project budget; and execute communication and change management plans. Participate in process improvement initiatives and takes on, as needed,non-project responsibilities, which can include project management process and system improvement and development to enhance synergies and efficiencies across MEST and other medical affairs functions.
As part of GMA Medical Excellence and Scientific Training (MEST), you will report to the Head, of Medical Excellence and Scientific Training and work with the MEST team and partners across the business.How you will contribute:
- Leads the project planning efforts of MEST in defining and implementing learning strategy as well as the operational plan and execution strategies.
- Manages project and resource priorities that align with MEST objectives.
- Support the management of service providers, including communication of expectations and timelines, assurance that high-quality deliverables are received on time plus oversight of contracting, invoicing, and financials.
- Establishes, communicates, and executes operational plans resulting in the achievement of project goals...
- Manages the creation of project strategies and supports MEST team members in presenting these strategies to key stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Adjusts project strategy and priorities in response to changes in strategic direction.
- Provides direction and obtains buy-in from relevant GMA team members for functional, or operational strategy.
- Identifies ways to accelerate the project execution where possible while maintaining high-quality standards.
- Develops strong logistical skills to manage activities across team members and other functions and/or regions.
- Manage the planning, operational, and reporting logistics of MEST training initiatives (including but not limited to: meeting schedule management, meeting facilitation, development of meeting materials with contributors, capture and follow up of action items and deliverables, distribution of minutes, and maintenance of team SharePoint sites or equivalent).
- Partners with MEST functional team members to lead and manage teams through the project plan execution.
- Proactively identifies potential issues or obstacles and achieves resolution or plans contingencies and follows issues through to resolution.
- Partners with MEST team members to provide financial oversight for project budgets which includes consolidation and prioritization of project spending risks and opportunities.
- Manages project status reporting and KPIs for a given project, including scheduled as well as ad-hoc updates.
- Generates collaboration, cooperation, and communication where necessary across other GMA functions and between regional MA representatives in the extended team ensuring that team goals are achieved.
- Bachelor’s Degree in science or business-related field and/or equivalent Diploma.
- 4 to 6 years of pharmaceutical industry experience. Previous drug development experience is preferred (e.g. Clinical Research, Regulatory, CMC, BDM, or other development-related functions).
- 3 to 5 years experience as a project manager leading complex pharmaceutical projects in a multi-disciplinary, global environment.
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and project management experience in leading cross-functional projects within Medical Affairs, Clinical Research, Regulatory, CMC, marketing other drug development-related functions.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and present key information objectively and collaborate effectively with management.
- Knowledge of regulatory and compliance guidelines governing medical affairs.
- Applied knowledge of performance measurement (e.g. metrics, dashboards).
- Project leadership and management skills are required to add to the ability to work on cross-functional teams and to prioritize operational needs effectively.
- Proven ability to delegate in a matrix environment, predict issues, anticipate risks, and solve problems.
- Project Management Professional certification with PMI or equivalent.
- May travel to the US, EU, and Japan offices and other meeting locations internationally.
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and a company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best-in-class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This position is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
Base Salary Range: $143,500-$205,000, based on the candidate's professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for Short-term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program, and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.LocationsCambridge, MAWorker TypeEmployeeWorker Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Takeda is a global, values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical leader headquartered in Japan, committed to discover and deliver life-transforming treatments, guided by our commitment to patients, our people and the planet. Takeda focuses its R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas: Oncology, Rare Genetics and Hematology, Neuroscience, and Gastroenterology (GI). We also make targeted R&D investments in Plasma-Derived Therapies and Vaccines. We are focusing on developing highly innovative medicines that contribute to making a difference in people’s lives by advancing the frontier of new treatment options and leveraging our enhanced collaborative R&D engine and capabilities to create a robust, modality-diverse pipeline. Our employees are committed to improving quality of life for patients and to working with our partners in health care in approximately 80 countries and regions.
For more information, visit https://www.takeda.com.
Stock Symbol: TAK
650 East Kendall Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert