Laboratory Assistant - Comparative Medicine
- San Diego, CA
- Start date
- Mar 3, 2023
- Science/R&D, Research, Laboratory
- Required Education
- High School or equivalent
- Position Type
- Full time
- Best Places to Work
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Lab Assistant in ourSan Diego office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to provide Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- Provide quality husbandry and animal care including feeding, watering, cage changes, performing daily health observations of animals in rooms as assigned and administering treatments under the direction of the Veterinarian or designee.
- Oversee general laboratory upkeep including operation of cage washers, stocking of supplies, routine sanitization, and maintaining a clean, organized environment.
- Feeding, watering and daily health observations of animals in rooms as assigned.
- General facility upkeep, routine sanitization and stocking of supplies.
- Operate cage washers
- Maintain accurate documentation of work completed and animal related observations.
- Administer prescribed medications under direction of the Veterinarian or Veterinary Technician.
- Weekend and Holiday work may be required.
- Assess problems or issues that should be brought to the attention of the manager.
- Provide technical support to investigators and their staff (e.g. injections, collection of biological samples, compound dosing, micro chipping etc.) as needed.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- HS diploma plus one or more years experience working with laboratory animals.
- Preferred A.S./B.S. or equivalent in a scientific field (preferred) or animal experience in a veterinary clinic, zoo etc. or
- AALAS certification at ALAT level preferred.
- Ability to lift 30lbs repeatedly and 50lbs short distances. Ability to push pull large equipment short distances. Ability to work on their feet for long periods of time
Base Salary Range: $42,000 to $60,000. Employees may also be eligible for Short -Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.LocationsSan Diego, CAWorker TypeEmployeeWorker Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Takeda is a global, values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical leader headquartered in Japan, committed to discover and deliver life-transforming treatments, guided by our commitment to patients, our people and the planet. Takeda focuses its R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas: Oncology, Rare Genetics and Hematology, Neuroscience, and Gastroenterology (GI). We also make targeted R&D investments in Plasma-Derived Therapies and Vaccines. We are focusing on developing highly innovative medicines that contribute to making a difference in people’s lives by advancing the frontier of new treatment options and leveraging our enhanced collaborative R&D engine and capabilities to create a robust, modality-diverse pipeline. Our employees are committed to improving quality of life for patients and to working with our partners in health care in approximately 80 countries and regions.
For more information, visit https://www.takeda.com.
Stock Symbol: TAK
650 East Kendall Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert