- Emergent BioSolutions
- Gaithersburg, MD
- Start date
- Mar 3, 2023
- Science/R&D, Biotechnology
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
We go where others won’t, taking on some of the biggest public health challenges to protect and enhance millions of lives, and create a better, more secure world. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect and enhance life.
Contribute to the design of experiments for the development of cell lines and optimization of cell line production processes. These cell lines may be eukaryotic or microbial in nature for the purposes of protein expression or viral propagation. Lead the execution of such experiments. Analyse the data from such experiments and participate in the formulation of conclusions and next steps.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Assist on the writing and review of documentation such as Detailed Technical Plans, Development Reports, and Technology Transfer Protocols.
• Executes experimental protocols for developing/optimizing cell line development processes.
• Contributes to the development of cell lines producing recombinant proteins and robust cell line development processes.
• Assists in the technology transfer of developed cell lines and processes associated with those cell lines to manufacturing sites.
• Trouble-shoots and maintains cell culture and fermentation systems.
• Prepares Operational and Maintenance Equipment Procedures, Instructions and Development Records.
• Trains other members of the development services team in techniques.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• Ph.D. in biology, biochemistry, engineering or related field with 2 plus years of relevant experience (including post-doctoral experience), MS degree in biology, biochemistry, engineering or related field with 5 plus years of related experience, BS degree in biology, biochemistry, engineering or related field with 8-10 plus years of related experience.
• Knowledge of cell line development operations specifically transfection, single cell cloning and clone screening required.
• Hands on experience using cell culture and fermentation production equipment including shake flasks, AMBR microreactors, standard 1 to 10 L reactors like the Sartorius series, and GE SUBs.
• Knowledge and/or experience with upstream fermentation/recovery also important.
• Understanding of Design of Experiments and knowledge of JMP software desirable.
Per CDC guidelines, Emergent strongly recommends that all employees working on site are vaccinated to help ensure their safety, as well as the safety of fellow employees. This includes the use of good judgment when determining when the CDC guidelines advise that you stay home when ill.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.
Emergent BioSolutions is a global life sciences company whose mission is to protect and enhance life. Through our specialty products and contract development and manufacturing services, we are dedicated to providing solutions that address public health threats. Through social responsibility, we aim to build healthier and safer communities. We aspire to deliver peace of mind to our patients and customers so they can focus on what’s most important in their lives. In working together, we envision protecting or enhancing 1 billion lives by 2030. For more information visit www.emergentbiosolutions.com. Find us on LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter.
Stock Symbol: EBS
400 Professional Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert