Senior Scientist II / Principal Research Scientist I, DNA-encoded Chemistry and Analytics
- Lake County, Illinois
- Start date
- Mar 2, 2023
- Regulatory, Science/R&D, Biotechnology, Chemistry
- Required Education
- Position Type
- Full time
- BioMidwest, Best Places to Work
Seeking a highly motivated and experienced scientist to join AbbVie’s DNA Encoded Library (DEL) effort in our Drug Discovery Science and Technology (DDST) organization at our corporate headquarters located in the Chicago area. This scientist will be working in a cross-functional team to contribute to the application, evolution, and transformation of the DEL platform. The applicant should be highly skilled in DEL data analysis and have demonstrable experience in successfully developing and applying computational tools to library design and screening data analysis. He/she should have a solid understanding and knowledge of all informatics aspects of the DEL technology platform. The candidate should be able to work effectively in a cross-disciplinary team environment and can productively manage several projects simultaneously in a dynamic and rapidly-evolving project landscape.
This position will play a key role in advancing our DEL technologies as part of a collaborative and energetic research team. The DEL scientist will have a direct impact on advancing AbbVie's pipeline and strengthening our capabilities for patients.
- Contribute to the direction and evolution of AbbVie's DEL platform strategy.
- Lead the screening data analysis and hit triage, and work closely with the chemists.
- Provide leadership on computational efforts to design DNA encoded libraries.
- Collaborate with computational scientists to acquire, develop, and implement computational tools and workflows to strengthen our data analysis and hit triage process.
- Contribute to the development and application of new methodologies (e.g., machine learning models) to strengthen our DEL data analysis efforts by evaluating large selection datasets.
- Work together with protein biochemistry, biophysics, screen team and chemistry team for hit follow-up (post selection on-DNA hit confirmation strategies).
- Create effective working relationships in a cross functional environment.
- PhD in Synthetic or Medicinal Chemistry or related field required.
- In-depth knowledge and at least 4 years’ experience in all aspects of the DNA-encoded Library platform (i.e., Library design, DEL selections, Next generation Sequencing NGS, data analysis, DEL hit confirmation strategies).
- Experience in cheminformatics, computational chemistry, data science is strongly preferred.
- Authored in scientific publications and patent applications in successfully applying DEL technology for hit generation against targets of pharmaceutical relevance.
- Solid understanding of DNA encoded libraries, protein sciences, biophysics, and enzymology.
- Hands-on programming skills in Python, RD Kit, R, and similar is a plus.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Stock Symbol: ABBV
Stock Exchange: NYSE
1 North Waukegan Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert